Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIXO Midtown | 28 + 20? + 12? + ? fl | Proposed
(05-03-2017, 02:57 PM)panamaniac Wrote: 201 King St W - Fritsch's is gone??!!

No, the Charlie West posters are in 195, the PUC building.
(05-04-2017, 12:58 PM)EdM Wrote:

That's good.  Strange as it is, Fritsch's is an institution.  Just about the last of the old Downtown retail names.
(05-04-2017, 12:58 PM)EdM Wrote:

Sorry, I think the confusion is my fault, sorry.  The building permit is indeed listed under 201 in Kitchener's system, but the system combines the permits for both 195 and 201.  Maybe those are part of the same property, not sure.
Sixo just sent out an email confirming the Friday unveiling, and with a partially revealed render. Can see it online at http://mailchi.mp/sixomidtown/vip-update...0fdee79aa1
(05-17-2017, 02:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Sixo just sent out an email confirming the Friday unveiling, and with a partially revealed render. Can see it online at http://mailchi.mp/sixomidtown/vip-update...0fdee79aa1

A bit like striptease.
Looks like the towers have been considerably "ordinaried", based on that partial render.
Looking forward to Friday, the sneak peek image looks promising.
Unless I am not orienting myself correctly or they are doing something funny with the perspective, the heights in that latest render don't seem to correspond with the previous render (the completely covered one). Based on the earlier rendering the tallest tower should be the one in the foreground of the latest render.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-17-2017, 06:12 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Unless I am not orienting myself correctly or they are doing something funny with the perspective, the heights in that latest render don't seem to correspond with the previous render (the completely covered one). Based on the earlier rendering the tallest tower should be the one in the foreground of the latest render.

i am thinking shorter office building along king, three towers of res behind with some mix use commercial in there...who knows what the hold up is...
Tried to go back to the first page of this thread to see what the render looked like before, but it still has that original terrible thing from a few years ago. As long as we leave that there, whatever Friday brings is certain to be amazing in comparison!
(05-17-2017, 10:56 PM)notmyfriends Wrote: Tried to go back to the first page of this thread to see what the render looked like before, but it still has that original terrible thing from a few years ago.  As long as we leave that there, whatever Friday brings is certain to be amazing in comparison!

If anyone wants to know, the second render (the one everyone liked) is on Page 13.

The original original is a little disappointing. Glad we're not likely to get that.
Hopefully they really do release the new render tomorrow, without another delay.

Panamaniac is right, the towers look more basic than the designs we saw earlier.
(05-18-2017, 08:57 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Hopefully they really do release the new render tomorrow, without another delay.

Panamaniac is right, the towers look more basic than the designs we saw earlier.

Hopefully. Judging by the newest render, it looks to be a 24-storey tower, plus a 22 storey and 20 storey. Roughly. Plus other smaller buildings.

I don't mind the newest render though. It will be still impressive.
Sixo Midtown Render has been release and it looks very appealing

Community space is very inviting

Wow. Very cool. I'd like to see a close up of the street interaction, but at first glance, I like it.