Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Trails
I realize there has been some grumbling about how the IHT could be better cambered and this would reduce ponding and thus icing.  And this is true, it could be better.

But upon reviewing my old attachments, I also realize it could be much worse, and it has been improved immensely.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3533]

Get your canoe out!
(03-12-2019, 01:23 PM)KevinL Wrote: A relatively small connection, but one that was promised in earlier diagrams - a trail from the south corner of Barwood up the hill to the main McLennan park facilities has just started work. Location: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4190584,...a=!3m1!1e3

Got a closer look today, and there's more to the work than I thought. Looks like underground infrastructure is being worked on too.

[Image: Vr5F5tT.jpg]

[Image: 9fEiEvD.jpg]
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
Excitingly, it looks like the planned trail on Homer-Watson will get crossride-ish things at least some major intersections: https://i.ibb.co/hHd9wRm/image.png
Nice!
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »