Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Trails
What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

(12-18-2018, 10:28 AM)Canard Wrote: What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

Exactly this!

And the Region's staff planned a similar design for Weber St, and I went to council to speak against it, the transportation commissioner explicitly testified that the design was fine and to the standard (it isn't). A short time later the design was changed, without any real admission that they made a mistake, but at least they're not going to build that dangerous shit.

The frustrating thing is we raised these exact same issues at ATAC and were ignored.
Thanks for your advocacy Dan.
(12-18-2018, 10:59 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 10:28 AM)Canard Wrote: What’s worse is the design on Northfield, and even further worse, the fully built-from-scratch Fairway Road Extension, which has a barrier... for the sidewalk. Cyclists are sandwiched between said barrier and 80 km/h limit (100 km/h actual) traffic.

Exactly this!

And the Region's staff planned a similar design for Weber St, and I went to council to speak against it, the transportation commissioner explicitly testified that the design was fine and to the standard (it isn't). A short time later the design was changed, without any real admission that they made a mistake, but at least they're not going to build that dangerous shit.

The frustrating thing is we raised these exact same issues at ATAC and were ignored.

Unfortunately I've heard this about many issues from many different people with regards to the ATAC.  Sometimes I wonder if the committees they have exist to just look like there's a "process"
Having been on the Waterloo committee, I found it was a lot of that. Plans would be shared, feedback gathered and mostly ignored. I couldn't rationalize spending my time on it.
Oh my god, haha - I just noticed a new detail with the Franklin St. Bridge MUT design that is going to make Dan scream (it’ll make all of us scream). It’s unreal. I have to get a photo....
LOL, I can't wait to see it!

Great news!
Noticed tonight that the Ottawa to Grenville path has the lights turned on. It's still barricaded at either end, however.
(01-04-2019, 12:36 AM)KevinL Wrote: Noticed tonight that the Ottawa to Grenville path has the lights turned on. It's still barricaded at either end, however.

In fact, one of them stayed on into today...

[Image: 5nIEMD6.jpg]
Oh no!

Did you contact the project team?

Huzzah!
Yes!! Thanks Canard for drawing attention to this!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »