Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Trails
They'll be adding the appropriate white icons to them, naturally.
My Twitter: @KevinLMaps
I recently rode my bike in the Stanley Park Conservation Area of Kitchener and was impressed with the tranquility of the area. The forest is lush and has a very woodsy scent.

Absolutely love that one! There’s bonus ducks up there too, they rebuilt a storm pond and naturalized it and now it’s filled with fine feathered friends. Big Grin
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
I grew up riding around there and loved that area.

And yes, lots of ducks!
Horray! The pavement markings are now complete through the new Central Promenade in Waterloo Park!

And!!!! I also  Heart the pedestrian routing just South of the bridges Big Grin

Sadly even with all of this I still had to point directly at the signs, and then at the pavement markings, and then say "Hey guys, over there please" and point to the other lane at two oncoming joggers... who's response doesn't dignify repeating here.  People...
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
Wow. Very very nice.

Obviously it'll take time for people to adjust, but they don't have to be an ass in their response. Sad.
(09-15-2018, 02:55 PM)clasher Wrote: So does anyone know if there are plans to put bolllards or something at David St. And the IHT? I just had an encounter with a car driving down the trail... guess it looks a lot more like an a laneway or driveway at the end of David. There’s not even a yellow/black checkboard sign at the end of David so surely there must be plans to do something?

I have encountered cars on the stretch myself on at least two occasions.

There are supposed to be 8 permanent bollards and 2 removable ones installed there, but it hasn't happened yet.

I haven't actually noticed anyone working on that project (other than right in Victoria Park) for weeks.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(09-18-2018, 09:56 PM)Pheidippides Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 02:55 PM)clasher Wrote: So does anyone know if there are plans to put bolllards or something at David St. And the IHT? I just had an encounter with a car driving down the trail... guess it looks a lot more like an a laneway or driveway at the end of David. There’s not even a yellow/black checkboard sign at the end of David so surely there must be plans to do something?

I have encountered cars on the stretch myself on at least two occasions.

There are supposed to be 8 permanent bollards and 2 removable ones installed there, but it hasn't happened yet.

I haven't actually noticed anyone working on that project (other than right in Victoria Park) for weeks.

We got an update on this at ATAC.  Staff reported they were on track to hit an October 31 date for total completion.  They are waiting on benches to ship right now.  Maybe that includes the bollards too.