Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Trails
Happy there are so many fans of this place! Always felt like it was an awesome little hidden gem, we love going for walks there
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
The new wooden ramp on the far side of the LRT alignment through Waterloo Park is now open.  It's great!

For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
(04-12-2018, 07:12 PM)Canard Wrote: The new wooden ramp on the far side of the LRT alignment through Waterloo Park is now open.  It's great!

I’ve been using it the last few days. Agreed! And it smells nice too. It’s a great alternative to the main path on the other side of the tracks during construction.
Yeah, I hate the big hill up toward the washrooms and then the pothole-laden road up there. This is much better!

The footers for the bridge are really coming along, too - it'll be exciting when the span shows up!
Lost in all the Ion news is a list of 2018 active transportation projects by the region in the committee meeting the day before.

Updates on other initiatives too:
5.1 Separated Bike Lane Pilot Update - G. Keyworth
5.2 Bikeshare Update – K. Marshall
6.1 Farmers Market Trail – K. Marshall/C. Hodgson (City of Waterloo)
6.2 Cedar Creek Road and Highway 401 Interchange Reconstruction – G. Keyworth
6.3 Snyder’s Road Creek Crossing – B. Forwell
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Why was there nothing in the minutes about the Bikeshare update (DropBike)?

Edit - omg. Why do they make these so confusing. Am I reading this right that the "Top" part is what WILL be discussed at the upcoming meeting, and the "Bottom" part is a summary of what was discussed at a previous meeting?