Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Trails
Why are utilities being torn up on Greenville? Isn't the sidewalk just between the loop and Ottawa? What am I missing?

(06-04-2018, 08:56 PM)Canard Wrote: Why are utilities being torn up on Greenville?  Isn't the sidewalk just between the loop and Ottawa?  What am I missing?

If you mean the photos that were posted, I think that's on Ottawa.  But I still have no idea what's being constructed.  I'm hoping for a sidewalk but I wouldn't think that would involve moving utilities.
Grenville is due for an unrelated rework (utility / sewer / repaving, etc), I believe. Can't remember if that was this year or next.
Right - okay, so that's completely unrelated to anything going on here. The only thing going on here is the sidewalk from the loop to Ottawa.
What is going on with the central promenade trail in Waterloo Park? The signs say that work was to be completed in March and we are now into June and the trail is still closed.
Lots of progress the last 7-10 days, but still lots left to do.

Follow https://twitter.com/uu_john for daily updates.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
It's supposed to be done by the end of June. March was a lie.

(06-05-2018, 08:22 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Lots of progress the last 7-10 days, but still lots left to do.

Thanks!  It's interesting to see the west side closed for curbing, I guess that means that it will be getting the full asphalt treatment as well.  I'd never realized that...
(06-05-2018, 11:45 AM)KevinT Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 08:22 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Lots of progress the last 7-10 days, but still lots left to do.

Thanks!  It's interesting to see the west side closed for curbing, I guess that means that it will be getting the full asphalt treatment as well.  I'd never realized that...

As far as I know it’s just closed because the railway crossing is closed. I’m not aware of any further construction happening on the west side of the tracks.
(06-05-2018, 10:07 AM)timc Wrote: It's supposed to be done by the end of June. March was a lie.

End of March was the original plan, but there was an unexpected 4-month period of snow and ice that got in the way.
(06-05-2018, 12:18 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 10:07 AM)timc Wrote: It's supposed to be done by the end of June. March was a lie.

End of March was the original plan, but there was an unexpected 4-month period of snow and ice that got in the way.

Couldn't they build a dome over it?
(06-05-2018, 12:58 PM)kps Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 12:18 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: End of March was the original plan, but there was an unexpected 4-month period of snow and ice that got in the way.

Couldn't they build a dome over it?

Only if they want to get pilloried in the media, apparently.
Well, here we are past the end of week 5 and no indication of when this section will reopen (it closed 30-Apr-2018 for "about 5 weeks").

Looks like the biggest change this week was the installation of the Moloc garbage disposals (I've never understood why other communities have recycling in parks and along trails and in the birth place of the blue box we don't).

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

Molok certainly offers the recycling bins as well …

[Image: csm_MolokClassic_autumnbrown_01_78934032...8194327281]
They have those at the Huron Natural Area.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »