Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Trails
Er, yes. Tongue

I couldn’t quite tell from the photo what they’d drawn. I hope it at least was something filthy.

Gold star.

[Image: 19_A7_B08_C_6060_4_D52_A57_E_03212913_CF9_D.jpg]

(Was last told it’d be finished up by spring 2018)
Official Response:

Quote:Staff have reported back that unfortunately negotiations are still ongoing and we don't have an estimated time for when they might be completed.
Response for which, sorry? There are a few topics of note that this could apply to.
Post above, the MUT on the left of King St between Conestoga and Northfield if you’re heading out of town.
What needs to be negotiated? Would the trail not have been in the same right of way as the former sidewalk?
I think everything got wider here, when they built the LRT. So maybe it is expropriation related.

Wouldn't it have something to do with the undeveloped parcel between the mall itself and the gas station by Northfield? If they aren't yet building, they'd probably prefer to avoid the costs associated with that trail (e.g. maintaining it), so the city just shrugs and says no worries.
Well then they’d be lying with what they publicly responded to me with then
It's weird that they'd close the trail here, when a few blocks further down King St at Weber they have no problem slapping a "Shared Trail" sign on a regular narrow sidewalk and calling it a MUT... why wouldn't they just do that here too? (Not saying it's the best idea, just that the city has already shown elsewhere that they aren't too concerned with the width of a shared-use path).
(05-29-2018, 09:58 AM)goggolor Wrote: It's weird that they'd close the trail here, when a few blocks further down King St at Weber they have no problem slapping a "Shared Trail" sign on a regular narrow sidewalk and calling it a MUT... why wouldn't they just do that here too? (Not saying it's the best idea, just that the city has already shown elsewhere that they aren't too concerned with the width of a shared-use path).

That shared-use path sign is ridiculous given that it's been there far longer than most of the signs on ACTUAL MUTs.
(05-29-2018, 09:58 AM)goggolor Wrote: It's weird that they'd close the trail here, when a few blocks further down King St at Weber they have no problem slapping a "Shared Trail" sign on a regular narrow sidewalk and calling it a MUT... why wouldn't they just do that here too? (Not saying it's the best idea, just that the city has already shown elsewhere that they aren't too concerned with the width of a shared-use path).

This is a BS closure, right? You can just ride right around the sign, and never encounter any actual reason for it to be closed?
IIRC, the part near Northfield is still unfinished.

IHT progress week 4.5.  Concrete pads and landscaping rock showing up and work on the Victoria to Queen section starting:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I hadn't noticed in other photos until I was there in person yesterday that the asphalt doesn't quite come to the top of the curb.

Is this a base layer of or the final layer asphalt?

If so are they going to do a top coat this year or do like they do with the roads and come back next year to put the final coat on?

Central promenade:
Does anyone know why a gap was left in the curbing between PI and Clay and Glass (top photo, middle left)

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »