Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Waterloo launches new online feedback forum, first topic open for commenting
The City of Waterloo has launched a new online forum called Open City Hall.

Open City Hall is a tool to strengthen public involvement in decision-making at the city, and once fully implemented it will serve as a “one stop shop” for public engagement at the City.

Your participation in Open City Hall is a significant factor in Waterloo’s success. You only need to register once to participate in all current and future topics.  The new forum makes it easier for you to provide City staff with your valuable ideas and input online.

Tell us what you think about Waterloo’s future by participating in the first topic on Open City Hall, which is asking for input on the 2015-18 Strategic Plan.

Is this part of a larger open government initiative? This seems to be a trend of late.

I'm all for having as much municipal data and communication more open up front, than proceeding through an MFIPPA request or participating through already legislated open processes, such as planning applications.
(02-24-2015, 11:20 PM)The85 Wrote: Is this part of a larger open government initiative? This seems to be a trend of late.

I'm all for having as much municipal data and communication more open up front, than proceeding through an MFIPPA request or participating through already legislated open processes, such as planning applications.

This isn't part of Open Government, but I am pleased that the trend is to be more transparent and to share more information. Open City Hall is just one more tool the City of Waterloo is using to reach residents and request input from the public.  

As a City of Waterloo staff member myself, I know how valuable it is to have public input when working on projects so that we can better understand the needs and expectations of residents.  
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »