Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportsworld Chapters moving
I have learned from a couple of sources that in April, the Sportsworld Chapters will be moving to the Fairway/Wilson/Wabanaki area. I understand there is an Indigo moving into the Cambridge Centre and these stores will be too close together.

Looks like Fairway road will be getting a third Starbucks.

CTV Kitchener
Published Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:23PM EST
The question of how to fill the vacant space in the Cambridge Centre mall just got a partial answer.
Book and gift retailer Indigo says it will open a 21,700-square-foot store at the mall this fall. The store will include a café.
Additionally, the company is moving its current Chapters store on Gateway Park Drive in Kitchener to a new location on Fairway Road South, between Wilson Avenue and Wabanaki Drive.
Indigo says the new Kitchener store will be an Indigo store with “thousands more titles” as well as increased space for paper products, board games and toys, and a new-look children’s department.

The existing Kitchener store will remain open until the new one opens.
There was discussion in another thread about it moving in below the Cineplex. Perhaps mall retail?
Another hit for the Sportsworld area.
They should reshuffle some of the properties and empty out the other side of Gateway Park below Home Depot, and let a full-size Ikea move in...
No full-size Ikea for a long while for KW, after the London location was announced.
(02-22-2018, 07:55 PM)timio Wrote: There was discussion in another thread about it moving in below the Cineplex.  Perhaps mall retail?

The barista's at that Chapters' Starbucks understand their business is moving to the Cineplex. I'm not sure if that indicates the new Chapters will be without a Starbucks or a different crew will go to that one.

(02-23-2018, 08:10 PM)Drake Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 07:55 PM)timio Wrote: There was discussion in another thread about it moving in below the Cineplex.  Perhaps mall retail?

The barista's at that Chapters' Starbucks understand their business is moving to the Cineplex. I'm not sure if that indicates the new Chapters will be without a Starbucks or a different crew will go to that one.

The new Starbucks underneath Cineplex VIP is now open, though the Indigo Chapters is yet to open.
The design for Starbucks and Indigo Chapters inside is very modern looking and the setup seems very Apple Store-esque. 
It is very stunning.
Overheard a Chapters employee saying that Chapters is closing August 12 with Indigo opening August 13, delayed from the original date in May.

Edit: overheard another employee saying the date isn't firm yet
Yeah, the Indigo location had a sign on the door about the delay. Its Starbucks has opened, though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »