Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
It also used to terminate at Ottawa. When it was extended to what is now the Williamsburg centre, the existing Westmount was connected to it and renamed!

Lens, I'm always amazed at your talent, very, very, very nicely done!

Wow. Great picture!
(09-13-2018, 01:24 PM)Spokes Wrote: Wow.  Great picture!

I was thinking the same thing.  How fortunate we are to have this gem in our city.
A summer panoramic shot from Victoria Park. Even with the warmer weather this week, I do think these scenes won't be repeated until next year.

Some more (phone camera) shots from Victoria Park -- a graceful subject on my walks -- that I should have posted a long time ago.

It's a shame so many people avoid the park, because it's a real gem.
Why do people avoid it? It's almost always busy when I'm by
(10-06-2018, 09:16 PM)Canard Wrote: Why do people avoid it? It's almost always busy when I'm by

Nobody goes there anymore — it’s too busy.
Beautiful shots!!
(10-06-2018, 09:16 PM)Canard Wrote: Why do people avoid it? It's almost always busy when I'm by

It has a reputation amongst some people as a haven for drugs and homelessness. Those people really don't venture downtown at all, and it's too bad for them.
(10-06-2018, 10:01 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:

Nobody goes there anymore — it’s too busy.

NICE!

Another issue is that nickels aren't worth a dime anymore...

(10-06-2018, 08:23 PM)jamincan Wrote: It's a shame so many people avoid the park, because it's a real gem.
(10-07-2018, 09:09 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 10:01 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Nobody goes there anymore — it’s too busy.

NICE!

Another issue is that nickels aren't worth a dime anymore...

Sadly, I can’t take credit. Something like this is normally credited to Yogi Berra, although apparently it goes back decades before he said it:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/08/29/too-crowded/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »