Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
[Image: 27196008073_e6d6495041_b.jpg]City of Gold by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 27664282290_4d5b1f8947_b.jpg]Stream Reflections by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 27852318931_5b03668247_b.jpg]Sailors' Delight by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 27338712150_68dd333ca6_b.jpg]Icy by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 27928000232_1e23e990b9_b.jpg]Canada Day in Kitchener by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 27743542791_932b18455b_b.jpg]DTK Skies by Matt, on Flickr
LENS, you're welcome and thank you. There's a few (several) shots on your Flickr account I'd be very interested in purchasing and framing; one of which is called "King Street" (taken December 4, 2014). The shot and vibrant colors are phenomenal, and would look great with my Lance Russwurm collection! I have a few shots I'll post in the coming days...
Photo 
(10-07-2016, 08:48 PM)Chicopee Wrote: LENS, you're welcome and thank you.  There's a few (several) shots on your Flickr account I'd be very interested in purchasing and framing; one of which is called "King Street" (taken December 4, 2014). The shot and vibrant colors are phenomenal, and would look great with my Lance Russwurm collection!  I  have a few shots I'll post in the coming days...

Awesome! I'll pm you with my contact info. Lance Russworm has some gorgeous local scenes, It'd be an honour to be on the wall beside his work!
Lens, I completely agree. Lance Russwurm has some outstanding pieces; my personal favorite being the train station shot with CN locomotive 6167 (the unit that resides in downtown Guelph). Between you and Lance, I could quickly run out of wall space!!
I went for a ride to Elora today and took this photo of the covered bridge on my way back. I'm strictly amateur, but the day was too beautiful not to share.

That's a really nice shot. Nice to see the bridge is holding together.
Victoria Park once again ... what an asset it is to our downtown!

(10-28-2016, 10:15 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Victoria Park once again ... what an asset it is to our downtown!

"What an asset" is a huge understatement.  We are so fortunate to have such a gem downtown !!
Some people say the clock tower should still be on the old-old city hall, but I think it looks fantastic as part of Victoria Park.

It is stunning, and a great addition to an already beautiful park. I have to say it though....the building to which it sat was beautiful also, and is gone forever to an underwhelming Market Square (not to mention the architectural gem of a post office that was kitty corner to it). In my perfect world, the old city hall would have been preserved, and Market Square would have been built further east on King, but that's just my opinion. Either way, it looks great in Victoria Park.
How's the Waterloo skyline shaping up? It's been a couple years since I've been in Waterloo. From what I remember the view from the little hill under these powerlines is relatively decent:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4508479,-...312!8i6656