Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
I went for a ride to Elora today and took this photo of the covered bridge on my way back. I'm strictly amateur, but the day was too beautiful not to share.

Victoria Park once again ... what an asset it is to our downtown!

(10-28-2016, 11:15 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Victoria Park once again ... what an asset it is to our downtown!

"What an asset" is a huge understatement.  We are so fortunate to have such a gem downtown !!
Some people say the clock tower should still be on the old-old city hall, but I think it looks fantastic as part of Victoria Park.

How's the Waterloo skyline shaping up? It's been a couple years since I've been in Waterloo. From what I remember the view from the little hill under these powerlines is relatively decent:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4508479,-...312!8i6656
I found myself in the middle of the Delta yesterday evening.

[Image: e7N4blg.jpg]
Heads up, it's Kitchenerhenge.
Maybe someone with a good camera can get a better shot of this tomorrow?

Attached Files Image(s)

Time for a shot from Victoria Park again:

There have been some gorgeous sunrises/sunsets recently. Bad weather produces great photos.

A running buddy of mine captured this pair of photos from an early morning run we had this past Tuesday at Chicopee:
[Image: 20476251_10154718480822109_3013759199235...e=5A34C00F]

Another friend captured this shot from that same evening during our club ride, out in Wellesley Twp:
[Image: G-xviyoZjVZIQ5n4jsvVbrz8RRvoGTNPxW_Jmk0G...6x2048.jpg]

For something of my own, captured today at the Huron Natural Area:
[Image: E7HeBa8h.jpg]
A collection of miscellaneous early-morning shots from DTK in the last few weeks. #phoneisnotacamera but at this resolution it still works.  And it sure is handy ...

Sunset last night in Hespeler.

Sunrise at Sun Life.

Apologies for the grainy cell phone zoom quality, but I thought this looked neat.

Taken from GRH.

EDIT:  Removed the picture for now.  I think I have better on my other camera... Will update over next few days.
Just FYI timio, here's how your post looks:

You need to resize your photos before posting, and add them inline (click "Insert into post", not as attachments).

Attachment works, too, as long as it's resized (that's how I do all my photos). Image size is the key.
I only mentioned "Insert Into Post" as it just makes your post look a whole lot cleaner, that's all. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »