Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
(12-06-2015, 02:04 PM)Lens Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 12:23 AM)KingandWeber Wrote: As always Lens, I love your work.

Also, I have a selfish proposal for you if you're willing to entertain it. Would you consider putting up some of your photos on the Kitchener and Waterloo Wikipedia pages? Wikipedia is the first spot most people go to when they're researching a city, and both Waterloo and Kitchener's are woefully presented when it comes to good visuals. I think a sprinkling of your amazing work would do wonders for presenting our wonderful Region in a better light to the world.

Feel free to shoot the idea down because I know you give up your rights (I think?) when you post a photo to Wikipedia and I can understand how that might be really unappealing. Still, if you're willing, I think you'd be doing a tremendous service to the Region. Just something to think about Smile

Thanks KingandWeber!

I have thought about taking some stock photos for wiki but I wouldn't know where to start uploading them or adding them. Any advice?
Thanks for taking this under consideration Lens!

To answer your question, Wikipedia has a tutorial. Basically, you'll need to create an account and upload the photos you want to use in the articles to Wikimedia Commons. Once that's completed, you can edit the article (you just hit "edit" at the top of the page on the article you're editing) and link to your photos in Wikimedia Commons. From what I understand of the Wikimedia Commons license, you are still to be credited with any use of the photos you upload to it. 

If you have difficulty with this, I can take a crack at it myself assuming you can get your photos on Wikimedia Commons.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region! - by Lens - 08-26-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: Post your pictures of Waterloo Region! - by KingandWeber - 12-07-2015, 06:56 PM
[No subject] - by Lens - 08-26-2014, 10:55 PM