Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Tower Cranes 2015
A thread to keep track of the tower cranes installed and removed during 2015. You can also 

Cranes standing at the beginning of 2015:

City Centre

1 Victoria 

Victoria Commons

Icon 330 (November 2014)

Sage II (September 2014)

Sage II (November 2014)

Princess St project (December 2014)

The Cortes on King (December 2014)

St. Jerome's University Renewal 

Barrel Yards Crane relocated for new 25 story tower (April 2014)

The Grand

Economical Insurance parking garage (November 2014)

256 Phillip st 

UW Needles Hall Extension

Fallowfield Dr apartment complex

UW Science Teaching complex

New cranes in 2015
Ion Storage and Maintenance Facility 
222 Albert St crane 1
222 Albert St crane 2

Predictions for 2015

256 Phillip st - Another crane or two

Icon 330 - Additional crane

Again, Needless Hall extension crane.
There's one on Fallowfield Dr.  Since I don't drive by there I'm not positive.  But I see a crane from the expressway. 
1Victoria (Since February 2014?)
Science Teaching Complex at UW. Up since 2013.
(01-08-2015, 01:56 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: Again, Needless Hall extension crane.

We always preferred to refer to it as "Needless Hell".
(01-09-2015, 10:47 AM)timio Wrote: Science Teaching Complex at UW.  Up since 2013.

I was under the impression that the original Science Teaching crane went down and a new one went up for Needless Hall about 30 meters down the road, silly as it sounds.

(01-09-2015, 04:06 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 10:47 AM)timio Wrote: Science Teaching Complex at UW.  Up since 2013.

I was under the impression that the original Science Teaching crane went down and a new one went up for Needless Hall about 30 meters down the road, silly as it sounds.

The white one was always at STC.  It was a yellow one that went up (and down) at Needles Hall.
Tower crane now up at the ION storage and maintenance facility on Dutton Dr.
Crane going up today in the corner of University and Albert.
(01-21-2015, 01:11 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: Crane going up today in the corner of University and Albert.

I drove by there on Saturday afternoon and there are two cranes going up ... unless my glasses were fooling me.
The other one went up last year...
There is a crane now in Sunview Court, north of University Av.

If the Sunview crane went up March 10th, then this is a new Lester St crane that went up yesterday, March 31st.   Quite the crane density happening now...

[Image: oplvS1Z.jpg?1]
That is impressive!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »