Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
Well that's interesting. People in and and out of a condo parking lot for quick stops at Vinnies...

(03-27-2019, 12:55 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Well that's interesting. People in and and out of a condo parking lot for quick stops at Vinnies...

Vincenzo's parking already includes the P1 level of Bauer, where I have never failed to find plenty of available parking. I think people just can't always find a spot in the tiny 10 spot part of the lot right outside the door, and then complain there's no parking. I don't think parking across the street will change anything.
(03-27-2019, 01:37 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Vincenzo's parking already includes the P1 level of Bauer, where I have never failed to find plenty of available parking. I think people just can't always find a spot in the tiny 10 spot part of the lot right outside the door, and then complain there's no parking. I don't think parking across the street will change anything.

Agreed 100%. Ample parking already in P1.
Wow okay I did not know about the p1 parking. Does one have to get parking ticket validated from vinnies at check out?
(03-27-2019, 06:10 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Wow okay I did not know about the p1 parking. Does one have to get parking ticket validated from vinnies at check out?

Nope, there's no gates for P1, just for levels below.
Ya, that's not all that uncommon for a retailer to have underground parking in the development they're in. I don't know if I've seen them have parking in a neighbouring development.
Parking in P1 couldn't be any easier. You and your car stays dry/warmer. Elevator or stairs up one level, never have to go outside. I always laugh when they say parking is terrible for Vincenzo's. The problem is the traffic that is caused by people waiting for one of the 10 spots outside. I also want to state that Vincenzo's moving from Belmont was completely a smart business move (old timers complain). They are now right next to an LRT stop and right in the heart of what might become one of the region's intersections of greatest density.

The only downside of the P1 parking is that the traffic flow design for the parking lot is terrible, lots of very tight turns.

But I prefer to walk there anyway. Smile
(03-28-2019, 08:39 AM)Spokes Wrote: Ya, that's not all that uncommon for a retailer to have underground parking in the development they're in.  I don't know if I've seen them have parking in a neighbouring development.

From Vincenzo's on-line blog https://www.vincenzosonline.com/Parking.htm

"OUR NEW PARKING AREA IS COMING SOON"

"We are excited to announce construction has begun with our new neighbour
155 Caroline St Residences www.carolinest.com.

Our former gravel lot will transform over the next 18 months to a beautiful new building and transform Caroline Street.

We are particularly excited about our NEW paved parking area that will replace the existing gravel lot. Look for a clean, dry, pothole-free lot, with 2 hours free parking coming soon"

[Image: ndpOzlz.jpg]
Ah okay got it.

Vincenzos is a model of smart business in KW I tell yah. Anyone have the backstory on them? Mr and Mrs Vincenzo or other?
(04-01-2019, 12:49 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Ah okay got it.

Vincenzos is a model of smart business in KW I tell yah. Anyone have the backstory on them? Mr and Mrs Vincenzo or other?

The family name is Cacciopoli.  Vincenzo's is owned by two brothers.  There is also a daughter who I knew at UofW.  Their parents had a small store on Bridgeport Rd, near Regina, for many years.  I assume that Vincenzo was the father's name.  There's a photo of the parents on the wall in the check-out area.
Good to know. Place is killin' it. There's like 30+ people working at peak times
I don't understand where the 60 space paved lot is going to be?

From that diagram it's under Caroline St. Condos. It's part of condo parking main level...
(04-01-2019, 11:09 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Good to know. Place is killin' it. There's like 30+ people working at peak times
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »