Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
Thanks for the photo update!

(03-06-2015, 11:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm pretty sure that the arrangements being put in place will ensure that the work at 144 Park will be completed, the condo corp registered and the remaining units sold.  What I don't know is what might become of 155.  The two are linked in my mind because I seem to recall that the visitor parking for 144 is to be in the podium that's to be built for 155.  Not having visitor parking for your condo is not fatal, but it would be awfully annoying.

There has been a rumour that Ellis Don is going to handle the construction of 155, but I'm not sure if that is the case.
They better hurry up and decide, I think the tower is almost topped out !
Exciting to see the streetscape change.

[Image: 2cxsu3p.jpg]
Old-timey-fication isn't really something to be excited about imo...
What's old timey about a tower raising in the background?
Ah haha, well I thought you were looking at the lamppost in the foreground, but the topic of this channel should have cleared up that improper assumption, my bad Smile

I do agree that the streetlights are awful, but I guess that is what we've decided to go with. Kind of a shame that we can't have a more modern look.
I like it, think it looks classy, we should have more of that imo, everybody has their preferences though, I respect that.
I do like the ones in DTK.
Did I miss the memo about the private residences being taller than 144? It certainly looks like that is happening.
155 is 22 stories and 144 is 19. I think the original proposal for the double tower proposal had towers of equal height.
The new developer added three more stories to make it viable. All three of the top floors are quite large, penthouse style units.

(08-05-2018, 07:47 PM)schooner77 Wrote: The new developer added three more stories to make it viable.  All three of the top floors are quite large, penthouse style units.

Which usually are much harder to sell, in most buildings. But maybe in this case they have a lot of demand for those, driving the decision.
It's my understanding that they are past 85% and I think most of the big ones have been taken.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »