Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conestoga Parkway
(04-26-2016, 08:48 AM)KW65 Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 07:49 AM)clasher Wrote: No idea, the site for the job (http://www.highway7-8.com/) doesn't show any results when I search for cost and a quick google just nets me stuff about the 401 expansion.

See:   http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/travell...t2011-3003

Oooh. And look what the Wayback Machine says. http://web.archive.org/web/2011112423544...t2011-3003

Current estimated end of work date: Oct 2016.
Estimated end of work date in 2011: July 2015.

(04-26-2016, 09:34 AM)zanate Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 08:48 AM)KW65 Wrote: See:   http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/travell...t2011-3003

Oooh. And look what the Wayback Machine says. http://web.archive.org/web/2011112423544...t2011-3003

Current estimated end of work date: Oct 2016.
Estimated end of work date in 2011: July 2015.
Yes, but the LRT train tunnel under the expressway - paid by the LRT project- extended the construction by one year. This was not part of the 2011 time line estimates for finishing the project.
(04-26-2016, 09:41 AM)KW65 Wrote: Yes, but the LRT train tunnel under the expressway - paid by the LRT project- extended the construction by one year. This was not part of the 2011 time line estimates for finishing the project.

Good info, I should afford some benefit of the doubt for that. Out of curiosity, do you have any reference information that the time delay was attributed to the tunnel?
(04-26-2016, 09:52 AM)zanate Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 09:41 AM)KW65 Wrote: Yes, but the LRT train tunnel under the expressway - paid by the LRT project- extended the construction by one year. This was not part of the 2011 time line estimates for finishing the project.

Good info, I should afford some benefit of the doubt for that. Out of curiosity, do you have any reference information that the time delay was attributed to the tunnel?

This is a ROW memorandum of the existing contract "Change Order" to construct the new LRT tunnel for $11 million , dated July 2013 and agreed upon by the MTO and Dufferin Construction. Note that this was well after the highway construction had started. Also of note, Grandlinq's expenditure page says this part of the project cost $11.2 million.

https://rapidtransit.regionofwaterloo.ca...uction.pdf
(04-25-2016, 10:57 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 04:59 PM)timio Wrote: The road is completed, they're just working on the median and finishing touches now.  Most of the median is in place with short sections here and there, likely being used as temporary crossovers for those working on it.

In Mississauga, they still have the 401 median blocked off with temporary barriers.  I don't think I have seen any work going on there for several years now.

This is because the future HOV lanes in the express are not constructed. The MTO is waiting to open the HOV lanes until the next phase of widening of the 401 in Mississauga from Hurontario to the Credit River is complete in 2019.
(04-26-2016, 10:53 AM)The85 Wrote: This is because the future HOV lanes in the express are not constructed. The MTO is waiting to open the HOV lanes until the next phase of widening of the 401 in Mississauga from Hurontario to the Credit River is complete in 2019.

Or rather, they are constructed, but they're waiting until they are longer than 1.5km before activating them.
Though, I was driving in Toronto rush hour last week, and I sure would have loved those HOV lanes, even in their truncated state. Those alone would have skipped about 10 minutes of crawling towards the Great Merge.
(04-26-2016, 11:33 AM)Markster Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 10:53 AM)The85 Wrote: This is because the future HOV lanes in the express are not constructed. The MTO is waiting to open the HOV lanes until the next phase of widening of the 401 in Mississauga from Hurontario to the Credit River is complete in 2019.

Or rather, they are constructed, but they're waiting until they are longer than 1.5km before activating them.
Though, I was driving in Toronto rush hour last week, and I sure would have loved those HOV lanes, even in their truncated state. Those alone would have skipped about 10 minutes of crawling towards the Great Merge.

Hmm somewhat. They are not marked or signed yet, so not fully done. And with the previous phase of widening, they were not long enough to justify opening them until the completion of Phase 2 to the Credit River.

(04-26-2016, 02:02 PM)The85 Wrote: Hmm somewhat. They are not marked or signed yet, so not fully done. And with the previous phase of widening, they were not long enough to justify opening them until the completion of Phase 2 to the Credit River.

We agree in all the details, but we disagree on whether that means they're "constructed"! Big Grin
I think I agree with your definition, Mark. They have been built, and it really doesn't make sense to add signage or lane markings to something that's going to be behind construction barriers for years to come yet.
I noticed today while looking at the Caldwell Banker fire safety map that there is a proposed interchange at the proposed River Rd extension, something I never noticed before.
Here is a picture of the proposed interchange area. This is from the 2011 edition, I can not seem to find the most recent edition to see if things have changed.

Attached Files Image(s)

More or less, this has been talked about for years, derailed here and there by residents and salamanders in turn...

You can see a few of the different recent options here https://sites.google.com/site/hiddenvall...-extension
Yeah and it's been pushed back for the foreseeable future, it's no longer on the "upcoming plans" in the next 5 years.

I cringe to think what the traffic might be like on Fairway Rd in five more years. Not. Good.
I've long since given up on driving anywhere near there.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »