Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
144 Park | 67 m | 19 fl | Complete
144 Park
144 Park Street, Waterloo
http://www.144park.ca/
Developer: Mady Development

[Image: 144park1.jpg]

John Street:

[Image: 144b.jpg]

June 5, 2013 2-4 jpg

[Image: June520132.jpg]

[Image: June520133.jpg]

[Image: June520134.jpg]
June 20, 2013 1-9 jpg

[Image: June2020131.jpg]

[Image: June2020132.jpg]

[Image: June2020133.jpg]

[Image: June2020134.jpg]

[Image: June2020135.jpg]

[Image: June2020136.jpg]

[Image: June2020137.jpg]

[Image: June2020138.jpg]

[Image: June2020139.jpg]

July 31, 2013 1-3

[Image: July3120131.jpg]

[Image: July3120136.jpg]

[Image: July3120133.jpg]

Oct 17, 2013 1-5

[Image: Oct1720131.jpg]

[Image: Oct1720132.jpg]

[Image: Oct1720133.jpg]

[Image: Oct1720134.jpg]

[Image: Oct1720135.jpg]

August 25, 2014 1-3 png

[Image: August2520141.png]

[Image: August2520142.png]

[Image: August2520143.png]
Someone told me last week that, contrary to the sales pitch, this building will not have a 24 hour concierge and that barbecues will not be installed in the common area on the roof of the podium (against Waterloo bylaw?). Anybody know if that's correct?
No 24 hour concierge. It was BS marketing. :evil:
panamaniac Wrote:Someone told me last week that, contrary to the sales pitch, this building will not have a 24 hour concierge and that barbecues will not be installed in the common area on the roof of the podium (against Waterloo bylaw?). Anybody know if that's correct?

The Seagram's lofts do have BBQs on the roof, but that is not a podium roof. There are various rules about BBQs in various places.
panamaniac Wrote:Someone told me last week that, contrary to the sales pitch, this building will not have a 24 hour concierge and that barbecues will not be installed in the common area on the roof of the podium (against Waterloo bylaw?). Anybody know if that's correct?

Someone I know lives here and they have someone at the front desk every time I have been there and barbaques are expected based on what I have been told.
dubya Wrote:Someone I know lives here and they have someone at the front desk every time I have been there and barbaques are expected based on what I have been told.
The concierge is on duty 8am to 4pm.

Does anyone know how much the utility hookup charges are in these condos? We are required to pay on registration (probably a few months away yet).

144 Park is still in occupancy so I haven't heard.

Anyone know from their experience at the RED or 42 lofts or Westmount Grand or other recent projects?
Has anyone moved in here?
October 28, 2014

[Image: a88Zq59.png]
We've been in since July and registration hasn't been identified yet, but we hear January. As for the hookups, I'm not sure what you mean. We have been paying our own electricity through a metering company. There was no charge for the hookup, but like many of the things about this project, that might change upon registration, much like a lot of other surprises. To answer a question further back in the thread, we have not heard anything about not having bbq's on the terrace. The amenities, as in most cases, are the last to be finished.
(11-28-2014, 12:11 PM)schooner77 Wrote: We've been in since July and registration hasn't been identified yet, but we hear January.  As for the hookups, I'm not sure what you mean.  We have been paying our own electricity through a metering company.  There was no charge for the hookup, but like many of the things about this project, that might change upon registration, much like a lot of other surprises.  To answer a question further back in the thread, we have not heard anything about not having bbq's on the terrace.  The amenities, as in most cases, are the last to be finished.

I learned that there seems to be some sort of City bylaw or something about BBQs on wooden balconies. Stone balconies like the one at the42 seem to be fine.
(11-28-2014, 01:43 PM)plam Wrote:
(11-28-2014, 12:11 PM)schooner77 Wrote: We've been in since July and registration hasn't been identified yet, but we hear January.  As for the hookups, I'm not sure what you mean.  We have been paying our own electricity through a metering company.  There was no charge for the hookup, but like many of the things about this project, that might change upon registration, much like a lot of other surprises.  To answer a question further back in the thread, we have not heard anything about not having bbq's on the terrace.  The amenities, as in most cases, are the last to be finished.

I learned that there seems to be some sort of City bylaw or something about BBQs on wooden balconies. Stone balconies like the one at the42 seem to be fine.

See point number seven in the City of Waterloo by-law .pdf document found here

Quote:7. No barbecues or open burning of any kind shall be permitted on balconies of residential buildings. Notwithstanding the foregoing, electric barbecues shall be permitted on balconies of residential buildings.

Any interior photos of this one?
Here are some:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-condo-for-sale/ki...nFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-condo-for-sale/ki...nFlag=true
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »