Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(02-01-2020, 05:11 AM)Square Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 06:35 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: One thing I will say about that merry band: at least we know we’re not getting HSR. With the Liberals, we were just starting to think that maybe, just maybe, it was going to happen.

I had the same thought.  During the election, I thought why should I vote for the Liberals, when she had 4 years to start doing something, but all her government did was more environmental assessments that was done in the last 40 years.

No, only studies were don on the past on HSR, not EAs or TPAs.  Since an EA/TPA is required before construction, the Wynne Liberals were the only government to actually start moving forwards concretely.

Also, the were the only government that succeeded in getting CN to come to the table and start bargaining for away around the Bramalea bottleneck which would have been a must for HSR. They were at the point where a route had been chosen and CN was testing and studying to see if their signalling equipment would work in a hydro corridor and they were reputedly going to say yes.

I didn't vote for the Liberals, either, but I think it's clear that they did not than any previous government on this particular issue.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by Bytor - 02-01-2020, 01:07 PM