Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(12-30-2019, 11:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 11:16 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Is it level crossings which are slowing down Toronto to Montreal service? In my experience (which isn't the whole route), we're doing 150km/h most of the time, it's the stops which slow us down. Express service is under 5 hours for Via, which still makes a few stops, (provided it's on time).

You could be right on the Toronto-Montreal one, I have not taken that in a while. But a real express service should make very few stops (Kingston maybe?) and the trains can do 160 km/h plus, so I don't understand why the average speed for the express is just 100 km/h. Too many stops?

I would like to record the speed profile of the fastest Toronto-Montreal run (and others). It feels like the train is often at 150 km/h but any stops do increase the total time by quite a bit (0 km/h really slows one down). From Montreal to Toronto the quickest run is just under 5h at 4h50 (train 69 at 16:25) with stops in Dorval, Brockville, Kingston and Oshawa.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by plam - 12-31-2019, 02:53 AM