Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
I'd even take today's 115-130 if I could trust it to run on schedule. The 0915 Via hasn't left earlier than 0930 for me. And it doesn't make up any time on its way to Union, losing another five minutes. It's getting to be that I can trust its delay, but as soon as I do it will run on time in a fit of pique.

I would love to see cool tech used for public transportation. Think of the press! The opening would be an event. People would ride it just to ride it.

Unfortunately the purse strings aren't held by people with dreams of aught but re-election or pension, which rewards small or no change asked of the populace.

So what we have is either a hope for unreasonable (Venture Capital or better) private fortunes to come and "save" us (by using us as the product they would sell, most likely); or hope that someone manages to make it to the purse strings and push an imaginative plan far enough that the ones who replace them (for they will be replaced) won't be able to stop the plan without outcry.

Canard for Minister of Transportation 2018?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by chutten - 04-16-2018, 08:05 PM