Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
With all the talk about Pearson, how does that fit in with the UPX that is currently considered a flop? Would taxpayers buy into building a highspeed line that runs the same route? I would say no. This is a nice idea in fantasy, but the reality is riding a rocket to Union and taking an express train directly from there to the airport is not a burden and the service already exists.

As for Guelph, I think this too is another dream. If someone is not willing to drive 20 minutes or less, seeing as there will be essentially 2 expressway systems from Guelph to Kitchener (the new 7 and 401), I can't see there being an argument for catching a high speed train from Kitchener to Guelph or vice versa. What happened to the tentative plan that opted for a bypass around Guelph? Is that gone or just forgotten?

As a person who has infrequently rode the GO train, it seems that Guelph is already a bottleneck for that system. Getting into their downtown with all the at grade crossings and close proximity to houses etc are a drag on the trains time as it is.

Doesn't adding stops defeat the purpose? Like, if you add Guelph, why not Stratford? Etc.. then Cambridge will start up with the Doug Craig show and on it goes. ..

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by Drake - 11-05-2015, 09:15 PM