Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(11-05-2015, 04:36 PM)plam Wrote: Now this train is slowing down 13km out of Cobourg and there's a freight train passing us on the right...
A bit of a digression: In Europe passenger trains generally have priority over freight during days and evenings with freight having priority at night. What a novel concept Wink

Quote:There are also some destinations which are YUL-specific like Geneva, I think
While I'm digressing, at one point AC had YYZ to ZRH exclusively and SR had YUL to GVA exclusively. When I lived in Toronto a Swiss neighbour of mine who travelled to Zurich frequently and hated AC's "service" used to complain that he had to fly to YUL in order to get on a SR flight and then connect to a GVA to ZRH flight.

A significant problem with making connecting flights within Canada when you arrive from overseas is that CBSA requires you to pick up your luggage when you first land in Canada, then schlep it to a check-in counter for the connecting flight, then pick it up again at your final destination. In Europe you can check your luggage through to your ultimate destination. So much more convenient.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by ookpik - 11-05-2015, 06:09 PM