Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(03-09-2023, 02:32 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 01:36 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: I've flown domestically from YYZ quite a few times. Sometimes it's slow getting through, but overall I was never really unhappy or miserable.

Getting to the airport on the other hand...

This is a great point. Usually this is a major issue I have as well, when we come from Kitchener for a flight we would take transit but it would be frustrating and risky. Any crash on the 401 could risk us making our flight. 

This time however it was easy, the UP express gets us downtown quickly. Although I was wanting to go to KW I arrived on a weekend and so had to stay in Toronto till Monday when there was a train. 

As for cost, I don’t find it more expensive than other airports. I usually check Montreal as the next major nearby airport (and technically a shorter distance) and it has been more expensive. Where do you find cheaper flights? I am very interested. Flights to Europe have doubled in cost.

I haven't updated this since the pandemic and it's missing flixbus in particular, but I did write this in 2019:

https://patricklam.ca/post/20191226-trav...-waterloo/

Flights in Canada are more expensive than flights in the US, but flying in the US is terrible. There are also the ultra-low cost carriers which are also terrible (but maybe it's just because I can afford to not fly them). I think that the ULCCs also induce more demand than I'm comfortable with, but then, is it that I'm just saying "I can fly and you can't, because I have money"?

It is certainly a super annoying risk factor that the 401 being broken means you miss your flight, and that can and does happen anytime.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by plam - 03-09-2023, 12:23 PM