Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London
(03-05-2023, 02:36 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 02:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: Off topic somewhat, but Brightline might not be the best example. They're infamous for getting into train wrecks lol. 60+ people have died and collisions with cars are soooo frequent. It's basically a weekly thing now, even multiple times a week. It has the most incidents per mile in the entirety of the United States. Most are reportedly suicides or just morons who think they can beat the train before it gets to a crossing.

YouTube has a ton of videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...line+crash

They built a high speed rail line with level crossings. What did they expect?

FWIW...level crossings could be made safer...look at British designs, which nearly completely gate off the roadway. I.e., you cannot run the barrier without literally crashing your car. (Not that such a restriction would stop everyone mind you).

But I think there must be something else at play here, Brightline does worse than average even for US standards? I don't know what it is...I hesitate to suggest something crazy like, the water Florida makes people bad drivers, but I get the sense that there is something going on here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: High-Speed Rail (HSR) - Toronto/Pearson/Kitchener/London - by danbrotherston - 03-05-2023, 03:36 PM