Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K2 Condos | 21 fl | Complete
Article on St Sophia-developer negotiations (or lack thereof):

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5158...oo/Article

Looks like they've started construction. Huge line of cement trucks along King St today, all for this site.
I was past there yesterday and noted the hole to be completely excavated and the wooden barracades/foundation/shoring to all be in place. It is quite a large hole.
Are both phases being done at once?
I was on the 7am bus at Conestoga to the Maple Syrup Festival, and my 7C took me by the start of their pour, before 6:30am. Around 5 or 6, they were still pouring, had three vehicles with conveyors to deposit cement in the hole, being filled by four cement trucks, with a peak line going back to Ethel's and at least 17 more cement trucks in the line, so 21 trucks at one time at least.
(03-28-2015, 11:41 PM)Spokes Wrote: Are both phases being done at once?

I wasn't aware of any phasing being proposed for K2, so I assume it's being built in one shot.

This was a massive concrete pour, and all there is to show for it is a relatively small area which looks like a house foundation slab. I'm guessing that in this case appearances are misguiding and that the "slab" is actually a deep foundation several feet deep, but I'm no engineer so perhaps someone who knows more about these things can comment.

The underground levels always take so much longer to complete. And subsequently, always toy with us a little while longer haha.
Often, the foundations slabs are quite thick for tall buildings. I recall hearing that the slab for some of the buildings on Lester Street could be in the 10' to 20'+ thick range.
Tower crane is up.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
May 15, 2015

[Image: Ipx8N3w.png]

[Image: P4kN4rm.png]
This one is up at grade now! One bit of a concrete stairwell has been built for the ground floor
October 15, 2015
[Image: 1tv98j.jpg]

Windows starting to go in:

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »