Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
White Rabbit Public House
Coming to Uptown: The White Rabbit Public House - 47 King Street North. I spoke to a couple of the principals involved over the weekend - lounge atmosphere - bourbon bar, cocktails, wine, charcuterie and cheese plates. I'm very excited to see this place open.

Sounds very exciting.

Old Bon Mot spot?
(11-03-2014, 12:21 AM)Spokes Wrote: Sounds very exciting.

Old Bon Mot spot?
Yes, that's it. 
Does anyone have a time frame for the opening? We've been by many times, but there doesn't seem to have been much progress. This looks to be a great addition to the Uptown environment. We're very eager to give it a try.
It's open and looks good...

http://www.thecord.ca/white-rabbit/
Targeting an older crowd?
I hope so. As much as I like the energy and atmosphere students bring to Uptown, it's nice to have a place to get away from the crowd.

(03-05-2015, 12:31 PM)schooner77 Wrote: I hope so.  As much as I like the energy and atmosphere students bring to Uptown, it's nice to have a place to get away from the crowd.

YES!
Completely agree! I've no issue with student bars, but I don't want to go to them. I frequent Failte and Ethel's uptown, as while there are students there, they don't dominate. So another place that offers a good mix of demographics is much welcomed.
Brisket. Go for the brisket. Fantastic.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »