Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview)
I think it would be awesome if Cineplex's The Rec Room opened in the old Sears at Fairview Park mall. Or somewhere in Conestoga Mall. http://www.therecroom.com

The honest lawyer in DTK closed pretty quickly. We've no shortage of music venues, we have CTRL+V, and we have (can't remember name) of video game arcade in the plaza at King and Uni. That said, for a very suburban location far from these kinds of amenities (Mississauga, Scarborough, Galt), it could be nice.
The Conestoga Mall expansion is old news, but I took this photo of it!

The MINISO really surprised me. I had never heard of the chain, until I visited China this past March. I get back to town, and it's followed me back!
Saw this today, anyone have any further details?
https://twitter.com/mattskw/status/10088...01930?s=21
(06-19-2018, 10:24 AM)lyrico Wrote: Saw this today, anyone have any further details?
https://twitter.com/mattskw/status/10088...01930?s=21

Thread here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1187
I'm 99% sure that Shoppers Drug Mart at Conestoga Mall will be relocating into the old & renovated Sport Chek location.  Looks like they will have both an exterior entrance and an interior mall entrance.  Will probably be a much larger location and hopefully have extended hours.

[Image: mr4wop.jpg]
(07-25-2018, 10:23 AM)Watdot Wrote: I'm 99% sure that Shoppers Drug Mart at Conestoga Mall will be relocating into the old & renovated Sport Chek location.  Looks like they will have both an exterior entrance and an interior mall entrance.  Will probably be a much larger location and hopefully have extended hours.

[Image: mr4wop.jpg]

An employee at Shopper's Drug Mart said they will be moving into this location.

Kingpin Bowling is now open at the Cambridge Centre.
Construction fencing has now gone up outside Conestoga Mall on the Davenport road side between Indigo and winners. Excavators are on site.
What's that for?
Former Shoppers location. Not sure what's planned to go in.
The Demolition of the exterior of the old Sears at Fairview Park Mall looks to be almost complete.
I was looking at Building Permits in the Fairview Park Mall area and found this one to be interesting.

200 Fairway Rd S. Permit is for a new 2 storey building for The Canadian Brewhouse restaurant.

Edit: not interesting, the beer is just Macro….

Conestoga Mall has been sold to Primaris REIT for 270 million dollars. Looking into their portfolio they seem to own only retail property like strip malls and malls like Conestoga. I could see them developing it but I feel as if that will be a while out.
(06-21-2023, 09:54 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote: Conestoga Mall has been sold to Primaris REIT for 270 million dollars. Looking into their portfolio they seem to own only retail property like strip malls and malls like Conestoga. I could see them developing it but I feel as if that will be a while out.

There is a proposed mixed-use development for Dufferin Mall, one of the ones in the Primaris portfolio.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »