Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Mall Retail (Cambridge Centre, Conestoga, Fairview)
Agreed. HBC and Walmart are boxes by comparison.

Construction fencing has gone up in front of the Conestoga Mall Target location.
I know someone said they heard a rumour about Starbucks opening in the old TD Canada Trust location at Fairview Park Mall but I can't find the post. I can confirm the rumour is true though. There is a big sign outside in front of the old TD that says Starbucks Coffee coming Soon.
That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.
(05-27-2017, 12:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.

All I can think about is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRz3vfRFfs4

I also noticed a new Starbucks is opening in the Wendy's plaza beside Conestoga Mall.
There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario. And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.
(05-28-2017, 03:54 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario.  And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.

The coffee place that was where Darlise is now closed up!

(05-28-2017, 03:54 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There is no SB downtown -- but I counted more than ten (!) coffee shops within three blocks of King/Ontario.  And yet I can't think of a single one that has closed in the last few years.

The Caffeine district; it's what fuels the innovation district...
Matter of Taste reigns supreme in my book. I'd kill for a flat white as good as their's here in Ottawa!
(05-27-2017, 12:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: That would make it the second Starbucks on Fairway, there's one just a couple blocks west of the mall.

And still zero east of King St in Kitchener [OK, technically the Chapters by Sportsworld counts, but it's no where close to Stanley Park where I care about Wink ]

Coke
There will soon be a new joint there, right by King on Ontario, within a few weeks, and I expect it to be the best cup in town.
Unicorn brew, I'm guessing?
Him and another fellow, different name.

The repurposing of the old Conestoga Mall Target location is well underway. There is now a hole punched in the Davenport Road side of the store for a new entrance, and the new mall corridor inside is visible.
It appears that they are cleaning the exterior of the Sears at Fairway mall as part of the store revamp. Just a small portion done so far but it looks amazing and bright white. No photo as I was driving by. I will try to get out that way to get a photo.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »