Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creekside Corporate Campus
This one's a done deal. Approved at council.

Excellent. According to the developer, this is estimated to bring 2,000 jobs at final build-out. They are trying to attract a few data centers to the site.
I can't see the 2,000 jobs figure being a realistic one, seems kind of optimistic to put it midly.
I could. This thing, when finished, will be HUGE
Of course, the act of building an office building and some strip malls doesn't actually create any jobs other than construction jobs. The economy will create the jobs it will create. All we're changing is where those jobs live.
And I think most of us would rather see those jobs located along a redeveloped Hespeler Road. At least this is still somewhat close to the light rail route; maybe they'll move the station site a little farther north to fit the west end of the site?
Creekside is far more convenient for residents of K-W.

(05-13-2015, 05:37 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: And I think most of us would rather see those jobs located along a redeveloped Hespeler Road. At least this is still somewhat close to the light rail route; maybe they'll move the station site a little farther north to fit the west end of the site?

When's that happening? haha
As soon as Cambridge runs out of land elsewhere.
(05-14-2015, 08:05 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: As soon as Cambridge runs out of land elsewhere.

Intermarket Rd scheduled to begin construction this spring according to City of Cambridge planning Dept
Allendale to be connected to King St between Honda dealer and Hwy 8 overpass, via grade separation at CP rail line
Welcome to WRC, garderhonnĂȘte!
I think a big portion of this land was just sold.

https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/...cambridge/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »