Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creekside Corporate Campus
Creekside Corporate Campus
Cambridge
Developer: Intermarket Real Estate Group

[Image: EHSrZ2HW.jpg]
Image from Intermarket Real Estate Group

While it's nice that they helpfully point out the location of the future LRT station, the development is clearly ignoring that it will ever exist, and is effectively turning its back to it.

They don't need to change much, just the configuration of the southwest corner (upper right) to, at least, allow in the future for a proper pedestrian route to the "main drag".
(10-30-2014, 11:04 AM)Markster Wrote: While it's nice that they helpfully point out the location of the future LRT station, the development is clearly ignoring that it will ever exist, and is effectively turning its back to it.

They don't need to change much, just the configuration of the southwest corner (upper right) to, at least, allow in the future for a proper pedestrian route to the "main drag".

Transit-oriented development around a future LRT station is one of the best ways to hasten its arrival.
Nice design, but I hope they have renders prepared for when all those acres of parking can be built on.

If they can't even finish Sportsworld Crossing, can they find enough tenants for this development?
From the website:
Another perspective of the development concept, this time from the LRT station.
Some different choices of massings for the buildings.  Likely, they will be dependent on potential tenants.
The building at the LRT end in this render appears more friendly to the station. 

[Image: creekside-vision.jpg]
30-hectare industrial park coming to northwest Cambridge?
December 14, 2014 | Bill Jackson | Cambridge Times

Quote:Developers would like to have shovels in the ground next fall for the new Creekside Corporate Campus in northwest Cambridge.

Intermarket Real Estate Group is proposing a prestige industrial park on 30 hectares of land located south of Riverbank Drive, northwest of Maple Grove Road, and east of King Street (Highway 8).

Plans, which date back several years, were presented to city council during a committee meeting in November, before the new council was sworn in.

Pitched as “the largest mixed-use office campus within fast-growing Waterloo Region,” the development has been designed to accommodate a “large data centre(s) in the middle of Canada’s Technology Triangle.”

“We’re really pushing hard right now,” said Intermarket president Mark Kindrachuk. “Hopefully next year we can be building in Cambridge.”...
Because if there's one thing the Maple Grove/Sportsworld area needs, it's more traffic!

I'd be selling right away if I lived on this side of Riverbend.
(12-17-2014, 11:46 PM)Lens Wrote: I'd be selling right away if I lived on this side of Riverbend.

I can not see how this office site has any access/egress roads connecting to the current roadway system.

Looked also at this planners sketch and compared it to the GOOGLE map for this area and I believe Cambridge would also require Regional approval and City of Kitchener approval because the north access is over the old bridge on Regional Road 8 over the Grand River which is already past peak capacity at rush hour. The only access is along Riverbend which is currently a controlled speed roadway before it connects with Allendale Road. 

There is a new controlled access road planned for River Road extension onto and off of the new Highway 8 but this still doesn't solve the access to this proposed Cambridge new industrial office site. Additionally to get even close to this area from Kitchener side one also has to cross a railway line to go east which is the west boundary for this area.

Maple Grove Road access would require going east to Fountain street and this area is already a traffic nightmare.

Does Cambridge use planners or do they have a "plan" that says we can create two of the least user friendly roadways in the Waterloo Region or maybe Ontario ... Hespeler Road (Regional Road 24) and King Street East (Regional Road 8)?
Is this not part of the "East Side Lands" that the Region has been endeavouring to have as industrial development space?
a PRT circulator (ULTRa or Vectus) for Sportsworld Crossing/This Development with its largest station at the LRT stop would be fantastic. You could either park once and not move your car and reach all the stores/restaurants/destinations, or ride the LRT in and get to anywhere in a couple of minutes.
This appears to be a boon doggle. The Maplegrove connection thru the EMS/Police/Regional Works kingdom is fantasy. I cannot see how that property will be effectively cut in half to allow this development access to Maple Grove Road. I also wonder why there would be a LRT transit stop at this location at al. There is really nothing in a reasonable walking distance. The Police/EMS work weird hours and the LRT is not going to be a 24 hr service so they are out...
The stop is proposed there because that's where the alignment will be going, and it will be the closest to the iXpress/GO station by Moose Winooski's. If there were no stop there, then there wouldn't be a stop between Fairview Mall and Hespeler.

There's going to be one in Preston near Riverside Park - unless they changed their minds and the rest of Cambridge is losing out to Galt *again*...
Erp - yeah, I meant Preston. I always get Preston/Galt/Hespeler mixed up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »