Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precedent on the Parc/ Residence On Park
So originally this was proposed to be 80 units, and now it's proposed to be just 30. Originally 12 floors, now just 6.
If the noise from events didn't bother you, a terrace overlooking the park might be quite nice.....
Does anyone know what project is being referred to in the following quote from The Record article?

"
But Coun. Bil Ioannidis said he thought heritage districts can have a mix of modern and old, so long as the designs are attractive. "I know some other contemporary buildings were approved on Ahrens. I think it's the wave of the future and I think it's the way cities are being built today within heritage districts."
(09-11-2017, 06:50 PM)panamaniac Wrote: If the noise from events didn't bother you, a terrace overlooking the park might be quite nice.....

With good windows, it should not be a problem. We don't hear the music, or emergency vehicles, or traffic, as long as we keep our windows and balcony door closed.
(09-11-2017, 06:50 PM)panamaniac Wrote: If the noise from events didn't bother you, a terrace overlooking the park might be quite nice.....

This is Downtown Kitchener, you know, a place trying to become a city. Noise is common and expected in cities, and many people actually enjoy it...
(09-12-2017, 10:19 AM)urbd Wrote:

This is Downtown Kitchener, you know, a place trying to become a city. Noise is common and expected in cities, and many people actually enjoy it...

There's nothing wrong with installing good soundproofing.
Save the "downtown is loud, accept it" arguments for when people are trying to change downtown to not be loud!
(09-12-2017, 10:19 AM)urbd Wrote:

Well, that would be someone not bothered by the noise then, as I suggested.  I'd be one of them.