Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results discussion
I think its safe to say that Waterloo (and the entire region) can continue to declare itself as an intelligent community.
Great results for Chair and Mayors!

Strickland and Mitchell leading the race for 2 Waterloo seats in regional council.
Vrbanovic the new mayor of Kitchener!
(10-27-2014, 08:34 PM)scshunt Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 08:32 PM)Spokes Wrote: How do we feel about these?

I'd say that Waterloo Regional Councillor's second seat is currently a 3-way tossup between Telegdi, Scian, and Mitchell. I'm happy with the Waterloo and Kitchener results, and mildly disappointed but not surprised by Cambridge.

Yes, I wouldn't call the second Waterloo Regional Council seat yet either. Probably Jane Mitchell, but not high confidence yet.

I'm satisfied with the results. I suspect Karen Scian would have done a better job than Sean Strickland, but they're both fine. My preferred outcome would have been (1) Jane Mitchell and (2) Karen Scian. Certainly Jane Mitchell is a strong supporter of active transportation and transit. 
Do you think we'll be able to hear or that there will be a Jay Aissa concession speech? It would likely be very interesting/crazy?
(10-27-2014, 08:51 PM)neonjoe Wrote: Do you think we'll be able to hear or that there will be a Jay Aissa concession speech? It would likely be very interesting/crazy?

And VERY entertaining.
What's the consensus of Wayne Wettlaufer as regional councillor?

Karl Keifer has won one of the Cambridge regional council seats
(10-27-2014, 08:50 PM)plam Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 08:34 PM)scshunt Wrote: I'd say that Waterloo Regional Councillor's second seat is currently a 3-way tossup between Telegdi, Scian, and Mitchell. I'm happy with the Waterloo and Kitchener results, and mildly disappointed but not surprised by Cambridge.

Yes, I wouldn't call the second Waterloo Regional Council seat yet either. Probably Jane Mitchell, but not high confidence yet.

I'm satisfied with the results. I suspect Karen Scian would have done a better job than Sean Strickland, but they're both fine. My preferred outcome would have been (1) Jane Mitchell and (2) Karen Scian. Certainly Jane Mitchell is a strong supporter of active transportation and transit. 

Mitchell is leading for the 2nd seat, but both Telegdi and Scian are within 100 votes.
(10-27-2014, 08:54 PM)Spokes Wrote: What's the consensus of Wayne Wettlaufer as regional councillor?

Not a big fan based on his TriTag survey responses. 
Leads for all incumbents in Waterloo city council race
Karen Redman and Tom Galloway have won 2 of Kitchener's 4 seats on Regional Council
Looks like Frank Etherington will keep his seat on Kitchener's city council

Elizabeth Clarke closing the gap on Lorentz and Wettlaufer for Regional Council
Scott Davey wins Kitchener's Ward 1
Yvonne Fernandes wins Kitchener's Ward 4
kelly Galloway-Sealock wins Kitchener's ward 5
Paul Singh wins Kitchener's ward 6
Bill Ioannidis wins Kitchener's Ward 7

Lots of incumbents. People seem happy with the job done last term.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »