Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Costco
Is there a timeline for the new Costco?

Costco road and roundabout construction starts next week in Waterloo

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6439...n-waterloo
I love it. The roadwork's expected to complete by September, but the traffic study's not going to be done until December.

The right order to put things, that is.
Has construction started on the Costco store?
Looks like a lot of excavation has been done and some site grading. I also seen a couple paved roads leading into the site.
Are we looking at 2017 for the Waterloo Costco? Roundabout construction is underway with an ETA of September according to signs; there has definitely been a bit of activity on the site in terms of grading, but will they actually do any building before next year?
(11-24-2014, 02:31 AM)Drake Wrote: I went to the Kitchener Costco today for what I pray is the last time. The mad scramble of rude people in the parking lot and inside the store ... I wonder if I could buy a costco sized therapist for post trip counselling.

Indeed, the Waterloo store will have a better class of rude people in their mad scramble of people in the parking lot and in the store.  Smile

(04-05-2016, 08:50 AM)chutten Wrote: I love it. The roadwork's expected to complete by September, but the traffic study's not going to be done until December.

The right order to put things, that is.

Well, this way they will be able to see first hand how bad the traffic circle is, as opposed to just imagining the chaos.  Smile
(04-28-2016, 03:07 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: Are we looking at 2017 for the Waterloo Costco? Roundabout construction is underway with an ETA of September according to signs; there has definitely been a bit of activity on the site in terms of grading, but will they actually do any building before next year?

I'm guessing that it will open in the late Fall 2016, judging from other similar commercial developments...
Will this Costco have a gas station?
(05-08-2016, 11:23 AM)JoeKW Wrote: Will this Costco have a gas station?

Newly built locations generally do; Guelph for example. I can't see why they wouldn't put one here.
Yes.
See the lower right:
(10-26-2014, 11:53 PM)The85 Wrote: [Image: QgwbMHie.jpg]
I see a street light and no roundabout in your diagram. I also see an uncontrolled intersection next to the gas location. Can we assume the portion of the image that highlights "Erb Street West" is incorrect?

Wouldn't the new traffic circle be well to the right of the area shown?
There will be two roundabouts at each of the landfill gates. Gate 1 is where the STR in "Erb Street West" is and Gate 2 is where the lights are shown on the left. The Costco site plan has likely been updated since the image above to reflect this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »