Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Costco
The University East Side Mario's owner said there are plans for an ESM at the Waterloo Costco site.

Yay? Sad
Ya, its unexpected. I live near the ESM on King N and it is going down hill. I am surprised to learn that company is expanding. What the heck, it's employment for some. Why not? Badda-boom, badda-bing.
I hate the ESM on King St. Terrible acoustics make for impossible conversations over dinner. The one on University is great. Mind you we've been going there so long the owners and managers all know us, so we get extra friendly service whenever we go. ☺
Hey scarfinv, welcome to WRC, hope you stay around! Smile
Some steel beams have sprouted! Looks like construction of the Costco store has been started. ☺
(06-19-2016, 07:53 PM)scarfinv Wrote: Some steel beams have sprouted!  Looks like construction of the Costco store has been started.  ☺

My general experience has been that when these deep pocketed companies finally decide to do something they move rather fast. Ikea has been toying with a London and Kitchener store for over a decade, but once they announced the local ordering centre it sprouted in no time. I expect the Costco store to open before Christmas.

(06-19-2016, 10:43 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 07:53 PM)scarfinv Wrote: Some steel beams have sprouted!  Looks like construction of the Costco store has been started.  ☺

My general experience has been that when these deep pocketed companies finally decide to do something they move rather fast. Ikea has been toying with a London and Kitchener store for over a decade, but once they announced the local ordering centre it sprouted in no time. I expect the Costco store to open before Christmas.

That might mean we miss all the Christmas products which are in COSTCO stores in July and August  Big Grin
Someone was telling me that Costco stores take about 100 days to complete. If that's the case we'll be able to do some Christmas shopping there.
Taking shape...

I found a link for the Waterloo Costco job postings. I would infer this is yet another positive signal indicating the opening of this location. Apologies for the link to a link. I can't seem to link the link because the link won't link.
I went past on my way to Stratford last night, and noted that not only is the building looking largely complete on the outside, they've got the Costco sign up already! There's still a big open section on one side, probably for construction vehicles to drive in and out. The roundabout construction is well under way, and the gas bar structure is up. It looks like they might be just about ready to open within a couple of months...
There's a trailer in the plaza at the southwest corner of Erb/Ira Needles to buy memberships from

This can't happen soon enough; the Kitchener store is such a nightmare I find myself driving to Guelph just to stay away from the chaos.
(08-19-2016, 10:06 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: This can't happen soon enough; the Kitchener store is such a nightmare I find myself driving to Guelph just to stay away from the chaos.

Indeed, Waterloo deserves its own chaos!  Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »