Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterloo Costco
I've never understood the concept of paying to shop.
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
(05-17-2015, 06:32 PM)Canard Wrote: I've never understood the concept of paying to shop.

It might seem counter-intelligent, but it is possible to save money by paying to shop at Costco. Most retail stores mark up by 100% or more. Costco is 15%. There are many articles out there about Costco and their business practices that explain some benefits to shopping there.

However, if you're not a disciplined shopper Costco is one of the worst places to shop because everything there seems like a good idea at the time. Smile
Not to mention that if you purchase enough at Costco (as my wife and I do) - we actually get our membership paid for (and then some) through the cash back program.
Between that, the superior quality/value of most products, their amazing return policy (right down to the membership itself), it's an absolute no brainer for us.
Does anyone know if work has begun on the actual store? I have not been out that way in awhile.
I was out there yesterday and from what I could see was they were still preparing the site. Did not look like much else was happening... I was driving though so I may have missed something
Quote: The project now hinges on when the Region of Waterloo can build two roundabouts on Erb.

I haven't seen any chat on this board about these two roundabouts on Erb. Where are they going? Aside from the part marked as a lighted intersection on the diagram, I don't see anywhere West of the Beer Store that'd warrant one, let alone two.

...but when they go in can they be gigantically over-sized like the Sybase one? Pretty please?
The roundabouts would be at the entrances to the complex, I believe. West of Ira Needles.
(07-21-2015, 11:54 AM)Markster Wrote: The roundabouts would be at the entrances to the complex, I believe.  West of Ira Needles.

I also believe that the roundabouts are to align with the landfill entrances as well, so that they serve a dual purpose. 
How on earth is the roundabout at Erb and Ira Needles going to handle the extra traffic generated by the new Costco? Cars back up to ridiculous lengths any time volume increases, especially with all the people exiting onto Erbsville from the Canadian Tire parking lot. I am really having a hard time understanding how putting a couple roundabouts in front of the landfill will improve this.
(11-16-2015, 10:30 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: How on earth is the roundabout at Erb and Ira Needles going to handle the extra traffic generated by the new Costco? Cars back up to ridiculous lengths any time volume increases, especially with all the people exiting onto Erbsville from the Canadian Tire parking lot. I am really having a hard time understanding how putting a couple roundabouts in front of the landfill will improve this.

I think the extra roundabouts will calm the traffic heading Eastbound into the Erb@Ira traffic circle. Doesn't help with inflow, though. Costco is a traffic sink as much as a source.

But you're right, Northbound and Southbound traffic alone on weekends is enough to slow everything down at that one circle. More than a lighted intersection? I don't have any data for that. I'm never there during rush, but I can only imagine the E <-> W traffic doesn't do it any favours, either.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »