Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph
Those dates are completion dates, so most of the work could be done prior to.

(08-10-2017, 04:08 PM)timio Wrote: Those dates are completion dates, so most of the work could be done prior to.

I guess 5 years at least before we can make a 10 minute drive to Guelph....
Grand River Bridges? Is there more than one river crossing, or is it plural as they will be side by side bridges?

Coke
Yeah, I've been wondering that too. I was assuming it meant side-by-side bridges because I've seen it as plural in a few places and I can't see any other possible place for another Grand River bridge.
Each direction of traffic will have an independent bridge. Much like the 403 crossing of the Grand.
It is the MTO's way.
(08-10-2017, 03:52 PM)highlander Wrote: Some revised dates and details from the new Southern Highways Program 2017-2021:

Correct e if i'm wrong, but I could've sworn the Frederick bridge is being replaced as well, to accommodate a longer Victoria St exit ramp, and possibly some other work. That's why the one small apartmetn building backing onto the 85 int hat are was torn down, is it not?
New sign up on Victoria this morning; starting August 25, Victoria will be closed on weekends.

Here we go!

What part of Victoria? Just Edna to Bruce? From Friday night until Monday morning, or Saturday morning until Sunday night?
(08-14-2017, 11:43 AM)GtwoK Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 03:52 PM)highlander Wrote: Some revised dates and details from the new Southern Highways Program 2017-2021:

Correct e if i'm wrong, but I could've sworn the Frederick bridge is being replaced as well, to accommodate a longer Victoria St exit ramp, and possibly some other work. That's why the one small apartmetn building backing onto the 85 int hat are was torn down, is it not?

I am pretty sure that Frederick bridge already was replaced or repair maybe within the past 10 years, IIRC. I could be wrong, tho.
(08-14-2017, 01:57 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: What part of Victoria? Just Edna to Bruce? From Friday night until Monday morning, or Saturday morning until Sunday night?

I don't think the sign says, I won't be able to tell you until tomorrow morning when I drive by again. If I recall correctly it just said "Closed weekends starting August 25". Yes just the bridge I guess, probably with "Closed" signs at both Edna and Bruce.
The Victoria closure is from Edna to Bruce.

"Closed

August 25, 2017 and August 28, 2017 between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Also Closed Spetember 1 - 4, 2017 , September 8 - 11, 2017, and September 15 - 18, 2017 between 9 p.m and 5 a.m.

Detour information will follow closer to closure dates."

https://rowpages.regionofwaterloo.ca/Roa...Detail_ROW
My guess is they won't close it right at Edna, there is too much business between Edna and where the bridge actually starts. It will probably be closed east of the Factory Shoe / Saab entrances. The Bruce street end of it will probably be closed right at the intersection (no business access between there and the start of the bridge).

That being said, few of the businesses along that stretch are likely open after 9pm anyways, so we'll see.
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/754...-drags-on/

Speculation, or is this delay hot-off-the-press? 

Hoping the local infrastructure (ramp work) keeps moving ahead, should be something they can work on independent of the overall schedule. 

Side note: Until something viable is set up on Wellington I don't see how they can shut down Victoria st bridge for a year.  Frederick st bridge will be a bottle-neck unless they open it back up to 4 lanes again.

I don't think this is either speculation or hot-off-the-press news. I think the Government has never committed to a finish date and nothing has changed.

It seems silly to call it a delay when all of the planned work is happening and the Government never promised a deadline that is now being changed.
I thought he wasn't allowed to write articles anymore? I wonder who let him out of his cage.

Nothing really to read there except typical media negativity garbage filth.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »