Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Sports and Recreation News
Rangers are on to round 3 to face the Greyhounds.

I'll be there Monday night! Smile
I can't seem to find a source on what happened, but K-W United FC are not playing this season. Their twitter account remains active, so I doubt the organization has completely folded; I'm not sure what their future holds.
That's a shame. The support was loyal, but small. Can't be good for our chances of landing a CPL team.
Looks like Bingemans has refreshed itself with a new venue.  Looks like it will be a great concert series this summer.  

http://onthegrand.net/
Yeah, excited about this too! Radio ad said there are more events to follow (Over and above the 4 currently announced) for this summer.

Coke
Update on the Waterloo Memorial Recreational Complex

https://www.waterloochronicle.ca/news-st...-upgrades/

(05-25-2018, 10:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Update on the Waterloo Memorial Recreational Complex

What are the components of an "older adults centre"?
(05-26-2018, 08:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 10:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Update on the Waterloo Memorial Recreational Complex

What are the components of an "older adults centre"?

room with chairs and tables most of the time. Maybe zumba
(05-26-2018, 09:34 AM)darts Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 08:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: What are the components of an "older adults centre"?

room with chairs and tables most of the time. Maybe zumba

Yeah, I was thinking multi-purpose rooms to play bridge or do arts/crafts, but then I kind of ran out of ideas.
Recently the Boardwalk has added a splash pad, it heard about it on 570 news this week.
It's located in the central section between the two new buildings, adjacent to the central roundabout off University. It seems like an odd place for a splash pad. Also, there's no shade and I don't recall seeing any trees for future shade, so not really an enjoyable experience for those watching their kids.
The components of the "older adults centre" at the WMRC includes all of the spaces that were formerly at the Adult Recreation Centre as well as the Wing 404 RCAFA Rotary Adult Centre on Dutton Drive.  Part of the project was to make sure that none of the functionality would be lost in the new space.  In general the programming is billed as "Active Living Programs"
Wing 404 currently has:
  • Free onsite parking
  • Horseshoe pit
  • Kitchen facilities
  • Licensed
  • Short walking trail with benches on the property

The Adult Recreation Centre has:
  • Free onsite parking
  • Games room with billiard table
  • Outdoor patio
Both spaces host a variety of programming ranging from City-affiliated groups; service clubs; religious groups; support groups; hobby groups; and other events.  

The Adult Recreation Centre also hosts the Waterloo Concert Band, one of the oldest, if not the oldest continuously operating group in Waterloo outside of a religious institution.  My understanding is that the new space will include storage space for their material as well as a multi-use room which can be used by the group of 40-50 musicians to practice on a weekly basis.

Ahh, nothing says active living like "Free onsite parking".
(06-04-2018, 05:02 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Ahh, nothing says active living like "Free onsite parking".

Those don’t really belong on the list in the first place. The parking is not among the reasons those locations exist. The only reason the parking is needed is because it is hard for many to get to the actual amenities without driving; as soon as the activity rooms etc. move the parking will be closed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »