Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
Oh yes -- GoodVibes is moving to 1 King West (the Walper building) while Jia Massage is going to 280 Victoria N (the strip mall next to La Fitness).

A restaurant called Copper Branch is going in the Knarr jewelry space in Uptown. They're a Montreal based chain featuring "plant based food". Their website (copperbranch.ca) has a December 2017 opening listed.
I just noticed that York Nursery at 1541 Highland Rd W. is closed.  It is now called Onkar Foods and Spices.  Onkar used to be on Hazelglen Dr so this is a new location or an expansion.
The York Nursery storefront closed earlier this year to focus on the other parts of their business including landscaping and maintenance. For the first time in 30 years, we're looking for a new place to buy a fresh Christmas tree.
I was at Onkar on Hazelglen Dr just yesterday. It didn't appear to be going anywhere.
Waterloo, Cambridge will also get government run Marijuana stores:

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/water...-1.3699394
Wow, suddenly the parking lot at Tepperman's (Huron and Fischer Hallman) doesn't seem large enough.  I didn't expect them to build a two story building.  Does anyone know what's going on here? 

The still-technically-Rona on Ottawa South has nearly completed the transition.

[Image: 203n.jpg]

Quite a transformation particularly at the garden centre - a much taller fence, and new roofs.

[Image: 203o.jpg]
A Bulkville has opened up in Stanley Park Mall, this has happened within the past couple of weeks.
(11-28-2017, 03:35 PM)nms Wrote: The York Nursery storefront closed earlier this year to focus on the other parts of their business including landscaping and maintenance.  For the first time in 30 years, we're looking for a new place to buy a fresh Christmas tree.

Just a note for those still needing to get theirs:

We typically cut our own down at Benjamin Tree Farm.  We went and were really disapointed with the selection, but got one none the less.  When leaving we were talking to one of the employees and they said they had massive irrigation/drainage issues this year that hurt the trees badly and unfortunately he thought it would take 5 or so years to REALLY bounce back to where they used to be.  Sad.
(11-12-2017, 01:05 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: A restaurant called Copper Branch is going in the Knarr jewelry space in Uptown. They're a Montreal based chain featuring "plant based food". Their website (copperbranch.ca) has a December 2017 opening listed.

Now updated to January 2018.
The Dollar and More store in The Highland Food Basics plaza is closing. I'm not sure when? Everything is 30%-50% off. I'm kind of surprised since I thought it was a fairly popular store, but I'm guessing Dollarama at Highland and Westmount must have took alot of there business.
Dollarama is really becoming the market leader in that sector. I think their broader selection and quality for money help set them apart.

I see in the Record that Fritsch Fragrances (201 King W) will be closing next week. The family owns the building and is apparently looking at renovating the space for a new business venture.

If I'm not mistaken, Fritsch's would be the last of the old time Downtown retailers.
Sugar Mountain in Uptown went out of business a few weeks ago. The space has already been re-leased to another tenant (unknown).
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »