Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
General Retail News
Since Lowe's bought Rona I have wondered if Ikea might consider that location. They like to have their stores near the 401...

I doubt they consider it central enough to the K-W side of the region, especially given their closest store right now is Burlington.
Is it even big enough?
Kitchener has a survey about shopping downtown, with the incentive of a chance at a $25 gift card: https://www.engagewr.ca/dtk-shopping-survey
The Ikea pickup location on Gateway Park is closing on Jan 29, along with the similar locations in London, St. Catharines, Whitby and Windsor. https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/ikea-pick-u...-1.4765335
(01-13-2020, 05:13 PM)KevinL Wrote: The Ikea pickup location on Gateway Park is closing on Jan 29, along with the similar locations in London, St. Catharines, Whitby and Windsor. https://kgtitchener.ctvnews.ca/ikea-pick...-1.4765335

That didn’t last long ...
As the article says, the chain considered it a pilot program.

The premise was stupid. So I'm going to order something to your store to pickup, and I have to pay $20 to do it? Come on now.
(01-14-2020, 06:37 AM)Spokes Wrote: The premise was stupid. So I'm going to order something to your store to pickup, and I have to pay $20 to do it?  Come on now.

But they had meatballs!
At first, it was quite a bit less than full delivery cost.

But they recently dropped those fees significantly; I imagine that led to a drop in pickup orders.
(01-14-2020, 08:01 AM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 06:37 AM)Spokes Wrote: The premise was stupid. So I'm going to order something to your store to pickup, and I have to pay $20 to do it?  Come on now.

But they had meatballs!

Yes, they had delicious Turkish meatballs.

I did that for some parts of my kitchen reno. Was cheaper than $99 for home delivery. For the bulk of it or paid $99 though.
The Stanley Park Mall Rexall is moving to the newly expanded shopping centre at the corner of Ottawa and Lackner.

(01-20-2020, 06:47 AM)rangersfan Wrote: The Stanley Park Mall Rexall is moving to the newly expanded shopping centre at the corner of Ottawa and Lackner.

That's a large space to fill, especially in a mall that already has vacancy.

It likely didn't help that most nonprescription items could be had at either Zehrs or Walmart for much cheaper .
That whole mall really needs a do over to breathe some new life into it. And it is so well positioned for location. Would love to see more major restaurants...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »