Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
I never visit the site if I'm using data anymore, it blows through my meager data plan in a hurry.

I seem to be unable to remove an attachment from this post:

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...6&page=216

(The first on the page).

I realized it was too high resolution, so I scaled it down, but when I click "remove attachment" on the old (large) image, it just leaves the editor and goes to the forum thread, and the attachement is still there.
Yeah, that's a forum bug. I have unapproved the attachment for now (so it won't display) but only an admin (i.e. @Spokes) can actually remove an attachment.
(05-02-2020, 03:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Yeah, that's a forum bug. I have unapproved the attachment for now (so it won't display) but only an admin (i.e. @Spokes) can actually remove an attachment.

Thanks!
Thanks Tom!

Dan, unfortunately you're not the only one this has happened to. Tom's workaround seems to be the best option at this point unfortunately.
(05-03-2020, 11:36 AM)Spokes Wrote: Thanks Tom!

Dan, unfortunately you're not the only one this has happened to.  Tom's workaround seems to be the best option at this point unfortunately.

Yeah, I mean, it's not a big issue for me right now, so Tom's fix is sufficient.
So I've run out of photo quota, is there any way to increase it, or alternatively remove old photos?

FYI: wrconnected.com is currently showing as parked with a Hostinger splash page.
Thanks for the heads up! The redirect must not have transferred.
You'll notice that the Downtowns subforum is now "Urban Areas".

This helps us avoid the issues of classifying projects that aren't in downtowns specifically but aren't suburban.
(09-09-2020, 10:56 AM)Spokes Wrote: You'll notice that the Downtowns subforum is now "Urban Areas".

This helps us avoid the issues of classifying projects that aren't in downtowns specifically but aren't suburban.

Not sure I follow.  Will the distinction be based on location, or on the size/density of the project?
(09-09-2020, 12:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 10:56 AM)Spokes Wrote: You'll notice that the Downtowns subforum is now "Urban Areas".

Not sure I follow.  Will the distinction be based on location, or on the size/density of the project?

Location. But "urban" is not quite as limiting as "DTK".
(09-09-2020, 02:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 12:09 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Not sure I follow.  Will the distinction be based on location, or on the size/density of the project?

Location. But "urban" is not quite as limiting as "DTK".

Lol...both DTK and Urban are both open to some interpretation... Tongue 

I'm getting that itch to create a map...I mean, Kitchener already has one for Downtown that we could argue about https://www.kitchener.ca/en/resourcesGen...nities.pdf. Tongue

(09-09-2020, 02:51 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Location. But "urban" is not quite as limiting as "DTK".

Lol...both DTK and Urban are both open to some interpretation... Tongue 

I'm getting that itch to create a map...I mean, Kitchener already has one for Downtown that we could argue about https://www.kitchener.ca/en/resourcesGen...nities.pdf. Tongue

It's easy to the "east" and the "south", because the expressway.  To the "north" and "west" it's arguably trickier, although Westmount and University offer simplicity of definition.  To me "urban" looks a lot like K-W circa pre-1970s, while "suburban" is K-W post-1970s, roughly speaking.
(09-09-2020, 06:01 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 02:51 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Lol...both DTK and Urban are both open to some interpretation... Tongue 

It's easy to the "east" and the "south", because the expressway.  To the "north" and "west" it's arguably trickier, although Westmount and University offer simplicity of definition.  To me "urban" looks a lot like K-W circa pre-1970s, while "suburban" is K-W post-1970s, roughly speaking.

1950 Tongue

But I’m much older than my birth certificate would suggest Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »