Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
A couple of weeks ago this banner asking me to Login or Create an Account started to appear on my Ipad every time I open WRC.  But I don't really have to log in since I'm already logged in and everything works just fine.  It's just irritating to see this banner.  Is there a fix for this?

By the looks of things you're not logged in there. Just based on not seeing your login info in the top right corner, instead, just login/create account.

The banner automatically shows up when a user isn't logged in
(04-27-2019, 03:06 PM)Spokes Wrote: By the looks of things you're not logged in there. Just based on not seeing your login info in the top right corner, instead, just login/create account.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like.  But when I go to log in my userid and password are already there.  
So I just skip that step and go directly to What’s New?  In this case the banner is just a nuisance.
(04-27-2019, 04:26 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 03:06 PM)Spokes Wrote: By the looks of things you're not logged in there. Just based on not seeing your login info in the top right corner, instead, just login/create account.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like.  But when I go to log in my userid and password are already there.  
So I just skip that step and go directly to What’s New?  In this case the banner is just a nuisance.

That sounds like your browser is storing the login credentials, but you're not actually staying signed in.
Ya that's what it sounds like to me. Only on iPad?
(04-29-2019, 07:26 AM)Spokes Wrote: Ya that's what it sounds like to me. Only on iPad?

Yes, only on my iPad.  The thing is, I'm logged in all the time because I don't log out.  I can simply ignore the banner and go to any page without having to log in.
Try clearing the browser cache maybe?

Maybe try Safari on iPad? I haven't experienced any issue with it on the site. Perhaps something with Chrome's credential and cookie sync between Desktop and Mobile may be causing an issue.
(04-29-2019, 09:56 AM)neonjoe Wrote: Maybe try Safari on iPad? I haven't experienced any issue with it on the site. Perhaps something with Chrome's credential and cookie sync between Desktop and Mobile may be causing an issue.

Thanks.  It looks okay on Safari.
I'm coming close to hitting my attachment quota. Do other members who post photos fairly regularly use an external image host?
(03-28-2020, 06:00 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I'm coming close to hitting my attachment quota. Do other members who post photos fairly regularly use an external image host?

Not me. But are you posting straight off your phone or resizing first? Full-size photos not only take a lot more storage, they also load more slowly.
(03-28-2020, 08:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 06:00 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I'm coming close to hitting my attachment quota. Do other members who post photos fairly regularly use an external image host?

Not me. But are you posting straight off your phone or resizing first? Full-size photos not only take a lot more storage, they also load more slowly.
I resize before posting, but they're still around 2 MB each.
I'm admittedly no expert on these things, but if you even cut that in half, does that make a big difference?

(03-28-2020, 08:34 PM)jwilliamson Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 08:25 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Not me. But are you posting straight off your phone or resizing first? Full-size photos not only take a lot more storage, they also load more slowly.
I resize before posting, but they're still around 2 MB each.

Looking at your recent post — which was very slow to load — you can easily go for more aggressive compression and/or half that size. I wouldn't go above ~400KB unless you have something really special with important fine detail.
(03-28-2020, 11:14 PM)kps Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 08:34 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: I resize before posting, but they're still around 2 MB each.

Looking at your recent post — which was very slow to load — you can easily go for more aggressive compression and/or half that size. I wouldn't go above ~400KB unless you have something really special with important fine detail.

I agree -- I personally resize (usually) to 1200 pixels maximum width, which is big enough to fill the available width on an HD monitor (1920 pixels less the space used by the forum). And that would result in roughly 15% of total number of pixels (compared to the 3000x3000 pixel shot you recently posted), and 15% of the size in MB. And 15% of the load time on a slow network!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »