Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
Fixed my problem. In the forum settings, I had "Display images in posts" unchecked.

Is the 'Rate' function working properly? I used to use it from time to time, but the last few times it appears inactive. I can't recall when I first noticed this. Anyone else having issues with it?

(For the record: I wanted to rate Elmira Guy's joke in King's Crossing. There have been a few other instances where I wanted to rate a helpful or funny post, but found the function not functional.)
I have an issue where "What's new" shows me some threads that haven't been active in months or longer. Same ones every time.
(04-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Is the 'Rate' function working properly? I used to use it from time to time, but the last few times it appears inactive. I can't recall when I first noticed this. Anyone else having issues with it?

I was able to rate you just now, so it doesn't seem to be a server issue.
(04-07-2016, 04:28 PM)Markster Wrote: I was able to rate you just now, so it doesn't seem to be a server issue.

Damn it. Thanks for checking, Markster, it appears to be my issue somehow. I just checked on a different device, so I'm not sure what. I'll try to figure it out. So many great contributions I'd like to acknowledge!
(04-07-2016, 03:28 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Is the 'Rate' function working properly? I used to use it from time to time, but the last few times it appears inactive. I can't recall when I first noticed this. Anyone else having issues with it?

(For the record: I wanted to rate Elmira Guy's joke in King's Crossing. There have been a few other instances where I wanted to rate a helpful or funny post, but found the function not functional.)

I was just able to rate you, works for me.
(04-07-2016, 04:13 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: I have an issue where "What's new" shows me some threads that haven't been active in months or longer. Same ones every time.

That's odd.  Try clearing your cache?

(04-08-2016, 11:02 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 04:13 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: I have an issue where "What's new" shows me some threads that haven't been active in months or longer. Same ones every time.

That's odd.  Try clearing your cache?

I had that too. I clicked on "mark all as read" or something and they went away.
(04-09-2016, 02:46 AM)plam Wrote:
(04-08-2016, 11:02 AM)Spokes Wrote: That's odd.  Try clearing your cache?

I had that too. I clicked on "mark all as read" or something and they went away.

Yep - for some reason these old threads have been marked as "Hot" - they even showed up when logging in on a machine that's never seen this site before.

Plam's trick of marking all as read resolved it, however.
Are they threads youve read? If they have unread posts in them, they'll show up regardless of how "new" they are.
It's perhaps more accurately title "What's Unread".
I've read all threads; I use that function a few times a week to stay on top of anything newly posted. One of the threads that was listed hadn't been commented on since July 2014.

I would guess that either someone/somebot was going through old threads and triggered their status as "Hot" by breaching a certain view count, or perhaps the view count got modified and these threads all of a sudden qualified, as they haven't come back and new ones haven't surfaced.
I just had the election threads come back to "What's New". Haven't seen anything else though.

Not an issue, but just a "Thank You" to all the forum staff and members for making this such a great and friendly place for discussion.
I don't want to take anything away from the others that help run this site, because they're amazing, but the true success of WRConnected less than two years since it's creation is due to it's awesome membership, so thanks to all of you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »