Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
(02-19-2016, 11:52 AM)Markster Wrote: I've seen two solutions to that:
1) forum software automatically deletes image links when quoting a post
2) forum displays images in quotes as an HTML-scaled down version of itself.

I've seen that too.  I'll see if either of those are options for us.

(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)zanate Wrote: I am happy to see Canard's photos. The discussion that results from some of them is valuable too.

Please don't stop.

Another vote in favour of Canard's photo updates.

I don't think they are excessively large, either. Some people have posted in the past directly off the camera, and those multi-MB photos are indeed heavy.  Canard's photos are 300-400 KB which is not too bad (the average web page on the Internet is now over 2 MB!).  Of course using a bit more JPEG compression could drop them down to 200 KB or so.  But please don't limit to smaller dimensions, unless they are thumbnails and there is an easy way to see the full-size image.
(02-19-2016, 02:54 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 01:54 PM)zanate Wrote: I am happy to see Canard's photos. The discussion that results from some of them is valuable too.

Please don't stop.

Another vote in favour of Canard's photo updates.

I don't think they are excessively large, either. Some people have posted in the past directly off the camera, and those multi-MB photos are indeed heavy.  Canard's photos are 300-400 KB which is not too bad (the average web page on the Internet is now over 2 MB!).  Of course using a bit more JPEG compression could drop them down to 200 KB or so.  But please don't limit to smaller dimensions, unless they are thumbnails and there is an easy way to see the full-size image.

Strongly agreed. Photos by him and by others are an important part of this, and allow me to see what is happening even when I can’t get out to the sites. I appreciate having the large photos too — when I’m really interested in something, I want to look at the photo closely and in detail to pick up non-obvious features.
Now, if there were a way to load multiple photos into a clickable slideshow like I see in many non-forum places online, we'd be rolling.
Question about externally hosted images: why are images I wrap img tags around shown as a link instead of just showing the image?
Sounds like I need to reverse the image limit. Sorry for the problems
(02-19-2016, 03:23 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Now, if there were a way to load multiple photos into a clickable slideshow like I see in many non-forum places online, we'd be rolling.

That's something I'd like to do, but there doesn't seem to be a plugin for that as of right now.

(02-19-2016, 03:24 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: Question about externally hosted images: why are images I wrap img tags around shown as a link instead of just showing the image?

Hmmm never seen that happen.  ANyone else?
(02-19-2016, 03:24 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: Question about externally hosted images: why are images I wrap img tags around shown as a link instead of just showing the image?

Are you using the "Insert an image" button or manually typing in IMG tags?
Canard, I like the photos too.  I live outside the Region and I don't see the construction from day to day so I really appreciate them.   As long as there are no server issues with space, keep posting.
Just in case Canard isn't drowning in the appreciation already, let me add another voice saying that I enjoy seeing Canard's (and other poster's as well) updates.
(02-19-2016, 03:28 PM)Spokes Wrote:

Hmmm never seen that happen.  ANyone else?

TEST

[Image: TA2aj3d.png]

[Image: TA2aj3d.png]

(02-19-2016, 04:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

Are you using the "Insert an image" button or manually typing in IMG tags?

This happens in both scenarios. The insert an image tool creates image tags.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this helps, but I could see your images just fine, above:

Same for me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »