Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
So, serious question for a silly mistake. How do I switch back to the full version on desktop? I accidentally clicked the mobile view link on the full version and the link at the bottom of the page won't switch back...
[Image: XVf5QmP.png]

I am sure there is a better way but deleting your internet history and cookies information should do it.
(05-12-2015, 11:34 PM)dunkalunk Wrote: So, serious question for a silly mistake. How do I switch back to the full version on desktop? I accidentally clicked the mobile view link on the full version and the link at the bottom of the page won't switch back...
[Image: XVf5QmP.png]

The very last thing in that image you've posted is a link; "Switch to Full Version".

I've just tried using the mobile site and then clicking that link. It worked.
Yup, the last link at the bottom will switch things for you. Not silly, it's happened to me on other sites, and it's been a hassle to get out of it.
The "switch to full version" link didn't work when I clicked on it. It would refresh and then take me back to the same page with the mobile theme.

Then I cleared the site's saved files, which worked until I logged in; the site reverted to mobile view as soon as I did.

I dug around in the settings and managed to find the option to change the forum style. It was set for the mobile theme. I set it to "default" and it was fixed. Success!
Anyone except me not able to use the "Rate" functionality for comments?
Working fine for me?
Is just nothing happening when you click it?

It worked for me yesterday (for the comment about the Mayfair being made of Neopolitan ice cream)
(05-20-2015, 05:43 PM)mpd618 Wrote: Anyone except me not able to use the "Rate" functionality for comments?

I was able to give you a test Rating (neutral) and add a Comment. I can see this in your profile.

What happens when you try to add a Rating for someone else?
(05-21-2015, 08:51 AM)ookpik Wrote: What happens when you try to add a Rating for someone else?

Nothing happens, and I get this error in the browser console (Firefox on Windows):

Quote:Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/r...7&pid=7604. This can be fixed by moving the resource to the same domain or enabling CORS.

Not sure why, given that it does seem like the same domain....
All I can suggest is that you try with Chrome. That's what I'm using. (And yes there are some sites that don't work properly with Chrome but are fine with Firefox.)
I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'll look into it.

I'm interested if Chrome helps the problem too (that's what I'm using with no issues)
(05-22-2015, 08:42 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'll look into it.

I'm interested if Chrome helps the problem too (that's what I'm using with no issues)

I like using Chrome with the site. When I rate something using Chrome it comes out all shiny  Wink

Did something happen to the "view new posts" button?
(06-05-2015, 07:32 PM)Lens Wrote: Did something happen to the "view new posts" button?

The box on the home screen I've been toying with getting rid of, figuring out what works best for the home screen.

You can get the same results by clicking what's new at the top.

Is this a feature most people used and therefore want to see return?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »