Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
Yup, it's pretty easy with CSS.

Is this something that most people find an issue?

Test Link Plain

Test Link Bolded

Test Link Bolded and Underlined

(08-17-2018, 02:41 AM)jeffster Wrote: OK, not so much of an issue, more of a suggestion.

When someone replies to someone's comment, or thread if they started one, there is no way of knowing who, if anyone, is replying to your comment.
Usually, I have to scan each thread to see where I posted and to see if there were any replies. Yet, today I found an old reply (from July 31) to me, asking me a question, but I never saw it because I must have skipped it somehow. If we had some sort of messaging system that let us know who has replied to a comment of ours, it would be great. Redflagdeals has something like that, as do other sites. Not sure if this site is able to do that or not though. Or perhaps it's in one of my settings but I can find it.

Is this something people are still interested in?  Show of hands? (sorry just catching up from this summer)
It now appears that a bunch of icon images are broken and missing:

(This is on mobile and desktop, across multiple machines, FWIW.)
Getting it on IE here at work, too.
Me too. Ugh. I'll work on it.
Good news: All broken images are still there.

Bad news, when inspecting the images I get this
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/star.png on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So there's an end in sight. Hang in there.
Now...I don't want to pat myself on the back too much, but I feel like a champion right now.

Image problem....FIXED!!!

My hands might be raised over my head right now. Getting the hang of this whole internet business after all hah.

Did you add a giant blue “^” symbol to the lower right for mobile, that when clicked, goes to the top of the the page?
In mobile, if you click the “new reply” button and type a big message and hit post, it doesn’t work. An error message comes up that the message is missing and it deletes your whole post and presents you with a blank text window.

Only using the quick reply box below the thread works.
(10-01-2018, 08:18 AM)Canard Wrote: Did you add a giant blue “^” symbol to the lower right for mobile, that when clicked, goes to the top of the the page?

I did yes.  I had it disabled for a while and when fixing the images yesterday I didn't realize I'd reactivated it.  Going to try it out to see if it's useful.

Also, posted this on mobile and no issues.  Anyone else having the problem canard is?
Just trying again.  Still no issues.
The two failed times, when you started typing, the cursor seemed to jump away from the text box, jump back and only one character was there. I'm guessing something to do with that.

Anyone else having the issue on iOS 12? I feel like I need an iPhone just for testing purposes!

Yeah, I start typing and it jumps away. Watching it again it seems to retain only the text that was entered prior to the “jump” at the error screen. Since it jumps before it accepts 5 letters, it rejects the message as too short.
It's that jump that's causing it. I just rewatched the video probably 10 times and can't figure it out. I'll continue exploring.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »