Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parkside Urban Towns (née 83 Elmsdale Dr) | U/C
That's interesting. I am wondering if there is going to be additional clean-up? I have heard stories, but can confirm one way or the other, and I really can't talk about it either (for legal reasons).

(09-30-2020, 08:02 PM)jeffster Wrote: That's interesting. I am wondering if there is going to be additional clean-up?  I have heard stories, but can confirm one way or the other, and I really can't talk about it either (for legal reasons).

So you're saying that the site is still contaminated, despite the remediation?
I spotted foundation work (including a concrete pour) right at the Elmsdale/Ottawa corner today.
Foundation work is now complete for all of the first phase buildings along Ottawa now, they've been working fairly consistently on them whenever I've been by. The interior roads around the first phase have been mostly complete with curbs and asphalt in place at least for the access from Ottawa.
(06-10-2021, 08:34 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: Foundation work is now complete for all of the first phase buildings along Ottawa now, they've been working fairly consistently on them whenever I've been by. The interior roads around the first phase have been mostly complete with curbs and asphalt in place at least for the access from Ottawa.

I saw a mobile crane over there, though from the other side of the expressway. Any idea what was happening?
(06-10-2021, 08:48 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:34 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: Foundation work is now complete for all of the first phase buildings along Ottawa now, they've been working fairly consistently on them whenever I've been by. The interior roads around the first phase have been mostly complete with curbs and asphalt in place at least for the access from Ottawa.

I saw a mobile crane over there, though from the other side of the expressway. Any idea what was happening?

I went by a few days ago and there wasn't a crane when I went by so I'll look the next time, but most likely it would be related to something for the above ground structure.
(06-10-2021, 08:55 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:48 PM)jeffster Wrote: I saw a mobile crane over there, though from the other side of the expressway. Any idea what was happening?

I went by a few days ago and there wasn't a crane when I went by so I'll look the next time, but most likely it would be related to something for the above ground structure.

I noticed your other post, it had me wondering if the crane I saw was actually at Strasburg -- though I swear I could see Mt. Trashmore in the background. It was today that I saw it.

(06-10-2021, 09:30 PM)jeffster Wrote: I noticed your other post, it had me wondering if the crane I saw was actually at Strasburg -- though I swear I could see Mt. Trashmore in the background. It was today that I saw it.

The crane they have on Strasburg is blocked by the apartment building so you can't see it from the expressway so it could be the large yellow crane they have at Winston Park but based on where they were when I last was by a crane would make sense to have on this site to just make things go smoother.
(06-10-2021, 08:48 PM)jeffster Wrote:

I went by today and there wasn't a mobile crane on site the only difference from the last time I was by is there are now pieces of precast concrete for balconies in place so a crane most likely would've been used for that, so most likely that's what you saw.
I went by this today and there is activity on much of the site. The first phase buildings (stacked townhomes at the corner of Elmsdale and Ottawa) are all complete and Averton has now started on the second phase along Ottawa at the Fireside end of the property. They're using prebuilt wall and floor sections for this phase so there are piles of prebuilt sections throughout the site. They have foundations complete for multiple buildings and one of the new buildings is above grade.

Then at the rear of the site next to Elmsdale Park shoring work is partially completed for the two condos that JD Development Group is planning, they're marketing them as Verde Living. There isn't a lot of equipment on site so I didn't bother grabbing a picture but there is a tieback machine. They currently have a foundation/shoring/site servicing permit.

Sometime in the past week they put up a tower crane on the site. I was passing by so I didn't get a good enough look but the jib doesn't look long enough for both apartments to be constructed at once so this might be built in two phases.

They still only have shoring/foundation permits but the balance of construction still isn't approved.
The seven townhouse units right at the Ottawa/Elmsdale corner have been open for a while; their entrance is actually on a new internal road off Elmsdale, so their addresses are 10 and 20 Palace Street.
(03-17-2024, 11:16 AM)KevinL Wrote: The seven townhouse units right at the Ottawa/Elmsdale corner have been open for a while; their entrance is actually on a new internal road off Elmsdale, so their addresses are 10 and 20 Palace Street.

The current blocks of townhomes they're making next to Fireside are addressed as 40 Palace Street. The apartment building is 15 Palace Street. Then the two lots remaining are 25 and 30 Palace Street.

When looking on the cities GIS map it still shows the corner of 10/20 Palace St as 83 Elmsdale.

So, I think what has been built so far is Averton Homes' "Parkside Urban Towns". Does that describe the entire project, though?
(03-17-2024, 02:50 PM)tomh009 Wrote: So, I think what has been built so far is Averton Homes' "Parkside Urban Towns". Does that describe the entire project, though?

Averton Homes Parkside Urban Towns is the vast majority of the site, phase 1 is built, phase 2 is under construction, phase 3 hasn't started construction yet. The other component of the site is JD Developments doing the two apartment buildings, then in the front between phase 1 and phase 2 of Parkside is another lot that I haven't seen plans for.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »