Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parkside Urban Towns (née 83 Elmsdale Dr) | U/C
I don't know if that was ever a proposal, but more so a concept of what the zoning would allow maybe?

Noticed that the sales office has been removed within the last 2 weeks. Wonder if they sold what they needed to?
Aria townhomes was the company I think
Is the project still proceeding?
It appears that they have started site servicing
Not sure how recently this was done (could've been a long time ago), but from the top of McLennan park yesterday I noticed there's a retaining wall built along the back of the property, so the site's all level now
There's also an internal road, paved and curbed, running about half the length of the property from the Elmsdale end. It's mostly along the park edge.
Maybe to make the various plots more appealing to developers?

The latest plans going before council on Monday seems like a real letdown from earlier renders.  

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...-park.html
There's no plans or renders in the article you linked - what has changed?
(08-08-2020, 04:35 PM)KevinL Wrote: There's no plans or renders in the article you linked - what has changed?

Sorry.  No render.  I was going by the descriptions of what is proposed.  Looks like the first phase will have stacked townhouses and the other phases may or might include whatever.  Nothing like the original render I saw.
I was once excited about what this land could be. I guess the city also needs things to knock down 50 years from now and redevelop... lol
There's not much push to have anything of substance outside of DTK unfortunately
There is now activity on the side closer to Fireside diner. Where their runoff pond was there is now a boring rig. Lots of people on site

(09-29-2020, 07:24 AM)white_brian Wrote: There is now activity on the side closer to Fireside diner. Where their runoff pond was there is now a boring rig. Lots of people on site

I was going to post about this, only I saw work on the Sheridan Nurseries side.
They are boring samples on the the Fireside portion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »