Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
387-397 King St E and 6 Madison Ave | 2 & 8 fl | U/C
387-397 King St E and 6 Madison Ave
Developer: 229093 Ontario Inc.
Eight-storey mixed-use building with main-floor retail and upper-floor rental apartments
Two-storey building with a main-floor supermarket and second-floor office space

Documents: 

Latest render (2021):

Site conditions from a couple years ago:
[Image: Pl6Td6S.png]

[Image: fcYNHMz.png]

Not sure if this project has ever been approved or whether it is even going ahead but it would be an asset to Downtown.
I noticed the email of the applicant in the environmental assessment is b.t.foodcentre@gmail.com, and there seems to be some stores in the GTA area called B & T Food Centre, not sure if this is related.

I have emailed the city to see if any further details/status can be unearthed.
Nov 17, 2013

[Image: 8utG0ec.png]

[Image: f7HopMl.png]

[Image: VDE104B.png]

[Image: vd9ZdM3.png]
These old WW threads appear and I think "Oh good, something's happening", only to be disappointed.
Sorry! It's going to happen more too. I'm going to try to get a lot of old posts back up this weekend
Fair warning. I will keep all enthusiasm in check until I've read the post.
(10-09-2014, 04:44 PM)panamaniac Wrote: These old WW threads appear and I think "Oh good, something's happening", only to be disappointed.

Heh. That exact thing just happened to me with this thread: I was excited about the possibility of an update on this one.

I'll curb my enthusiasm as well from now on.

I think it would be a major shame if the appliance store on the corner of King and Cedar were not included in this project. It would leave it very difficult to develop in the future.
That building was purchased by the developer, but I don't know if the idea was to tear it down or save it.
When? In the council doc it said they tried to get it but were unsuccessful
I thought that that was why St Clair closed down - one of the employees told me that the building had been sold. Maybe it fell through?
Maybe sold to someone else?

In the council document it said with reference to consolidating properties bordering Madison, King and Cedar: "Further attempts to consolidate were unsuccessful."
Might not mean anything but I noticed today on the Kitchener GIS, that this property is now showing a building outline usually used for projects under construction.

[Image: 9PTLh2P.png]

If that's the only part of that lot being developed I'll be severely disapointed.
Me too. I had just assumed it was the entire empty frontage along King St.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »