Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
That's awesome though, their coffee is fantastic!!

If/when Station Park gets built, that should be an excellent location.
(01-16-2019, 02:37 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Saw in the Record tonight that Monigram coffee is expanding to open a location "downtown" within the next few weeks-- though really, it's midtown. In the grungy looking office building next to the old McDonald's at King and Moore. Extremely odd location, especially given their wonderful buildings in Cambridge and their positioning as high end coffee. But they brew a good cup, and the owners are wonderful, so I'm sure I'll still be worth a checkout!

Have you seen this building lately??? It was recently renovated and it looks great (even though they covered and painted some of the nice mid-century features).
(01-16-2019, 03:23 PM)Lens Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:37 AM)GtwoK Wrote: Saw in the Record tonight that Monigram coffee is expanding to open a location "downtown" within the next few weeks-- though really, it's midtown. In the grungy looking office building next to the old McDonald's at King and Moore. Extremely odd location, especially given their wonderful buildings in Cambridge and their positioning as high end coffee. But they brew a good cup, and the owners are wonderful, so I'm sure I'll still be worth a checkout!

Have you seen this building lately??? It was recently renovated and it looks great (even though they covered and painted some of the nice mid-century features).

Oh, I've not! I just remembered walking around it around the time the grade separation was completed and it being overgrown and just generally bleak and doctor's-office-looking. Glad it's nicer now.
(01-16-2019, 03:23 PM)Lens Wrote:

I'm second guessing myself as to if I know which building this is.  Is it fronting on King?

This is not an odd location. It's literally next to Google, and it's great to see things starting to pop up in Midtown! much needed. I hope more local businesses follow. There's barely anything to serve those neighbourhoods at the moment.
(01-17-2019, 07:52 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 03:23 PM)Lens Wrote: Have you seen this building lately??? It was recently renovated and it looks great (even though they covered and painted some of the nice mid-century features).

I'm second guessing myself as to if I know which building this is.  Is it fronting on King?

It's this one: https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4541008,-...312!8i6656

Thank you!

It's a very nondescript building, that's for sure.
It's a decent example of the mid-century architecture, including the combination of brutalist bare concrete and the stone façade. But more suburban than urban, to be sure.
Nice article by Andrew Coppolino on some of the smaller or more hidden restaurants in the region: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.4993000
(12-08-2018, 08:06 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Seen signs out front advertising that a Starbucks is moving into this building on Sportsworld Dr in Kitchener.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4075567,-...312!8i6656

And still ZERO in the city's east end.
(01-28-2019, 11:22 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 08:06 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Seen signs out front advertising that a Starbucks is moving into this building on Sportsworld Dr in Kitchener.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4075567,-...312!8i6656

And still ZERO in the city's east end.

Aren't there three on Fairway Rd? To me that counts as "east"! Big Grin
(01-28-2019, 04:13 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 11:22 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: And still ZERO in the city's east end.

Aren't there three on Fairway Rd? To me that counts as "east"! Big Grin

They are all WEST of the Expressway / King St. Wink

Coke

(01-29-2019, 11:13 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 04:13 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Aren't there three on Fairway Rd? To me that counts as "east"! Big Grin

They are all WEST of the Expressway / King St. Wink

Coke

Oh, now I see what you did there.  Forgot the Kitchener compass.  Well played sir, well played.

Coke
24 hour Thai food?  According to Andrew Coppolino that's what local restaurant owners and staff want the most.  In an interesting article Coppolino writes about the places that local chefs and staff go to eat after their work is gone.  I found it interesting that Arabella Park was mentioned by several chefs.  Most of the places mentioned are worthy of a visit or two.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »